Packaging B&B or Guests soaps

Jeana

Ok, so now I have decided how I will make my guest size soaps out of the way, now I have to determine how I will package them. Any one have any suggestions of creative, but VERY professional looking ways to package these little guys? They should be around 1.5"x 2.5"x 3/8" each.

A tiny box would be so nice for making it easy, but I worry about the cost. I'll be making 500+ monthly to start.

I used to buy my guest size soap boxes at Southern Soapers. Not sure since they reopened if they will be selling anything but FOs. But darn those boxes were adorable and just perfect and cheap!!

So when they closed-- I just started making cigar labels for the guest soaps for a local B&B. She liked them so they worked in that case. I don't do a lot of them just that one account.

I just heard from the account that they want it to feel artsy. Personally I'm worried about easy too. I was thinking a cigar wrap too but apparently they will be gifts for preferred customers, so they should have a gift feel to them too.

I will check SS to see if they still have the boxes.

I also tried candy wrappers from a candy supplier. They are foil wrappers you can buy in small sizes. They looked nice too and you can buy the foil wrappers really cheap wholesale. I got mine at www.candylandcrafts.com Just another idea for you. I would wrap the soaps in the foil and then put either a sticky label or cigar label on top or around the wrapper.

I just called the new SS owner she said she would try to track down where the old owner got the boxes you used to use.

I like the foil too. I was thinking black tissue with a kraft or gold colored label. The black foil would look good with that too. Very masculine but not sure if that matters.

I also posted this in your other thread. Maybe small glassine or kraft paper bags (the flat without a gusset). You could stamp them with a logo, or just seal with a label or hang tag.

Or, you could seal them up with an old fashioned wax stamp - probably won't work if you have to ship them though.

Another idea, is to fold the bag over and wrap with a decorative stretch cord or ribbon...just brainstorming here.

Edited by ah-soy

Depending on the look they want...vintage, classy, feminine, unisex etc you might also consider a small drawstring bag. Papermart has a selection from natural cotton, burlap and jute to satin, organza etc. Just stamp the outside of the bags, pop in the soap and pull the drawstring.

Here are the glassine from Papermart:

http://www.papermart.com/Product%20Pages/Product.aspx?GroupID=3642&SubGroupID=3643&ParentGroupID=19063#3643

They have the midget bags which look like they would fit your little soaps. You could give them a vintage feel by folding down the top and sealing with a wax stamp.

Edited by ah-soy