Acne...

Crafty1

i have acne and rosacea and i use my own products that i learned in a class i took.I use a botanical face scrub, and a clay mask, and follow with a deep cream. it really seems to work.

is a scrub and mask in essence the same thing?

is a scrub and mask in essence the same thing?

not at all. the scrub has beads in it that slough off the dry skin,(rub on and wash off it doesn't have to dry) i use that in the morning and the clay mask is brown and it goes on the face and neck and then drys in 10-30 minutes to a almost white color thats really flaky then wash off and follow with the cream. I use the mask every second day during the break out week every month, and try and use it once a week the rest of the month.

HTH

I too love the oil cleansing method - there are long posts about it on the SoapDish where a bunch of us are trying it out.

http://www.soapdishforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7675

Castor oil is great at cleansing - add a bit of lavender and/or tea tree EO and I would think that would be wonderful. Right now my testing is on 50% castor + a mix of other oils I've got around. Wonderful stuff!

I too love the oil cleansing method - there are long posts about it on the SoapDish where a bunch of us are trying it out.

http://www.soapdishforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7675

Castor oil is great at cleansing - add a bit of lavender and/or tea tree EO and I would think that would be wonderful. Right now my testing is on 50% castor + a mix of other oils I've got around. Wonderful stuff!

do Robin, i take it this oil combo is designed to remove dirt and grim that gets deep down in the skin? does this take the place of cleaning with a mild soap?

Yup, no soap needed (gasp! :) ) Did I really say that? LOL....

Works on the principle of like dissolves like. Just rub the oil blend on your face - don't wash it first. Best is to massage it in and wait 15-20 minutes, but I do a fast one, just massage it in for a few minutes.

Then wet a washcloth as hot as you can stand, and press it against your face for a few minutes or until it cools. Maybe do it twice. You don't have to rub hard, the oil will come off in the cloth.

It works for many people, but some people find they get more breakouts. Really depends on your skin type I guess.

Try something like 1/2 oz of castor and 1/2 oz of something else - sunflower, olive might be too heavy, but some use it. Or avocado. Or RBO. That would be a 50%/50% mixture.

If you wanted to use a 75% castor/25% something else, try .3 oz oil to .7 oz castor (close enuf).

To just add to what Robin said, I would also recommend that if you're going to use this method, it usually works best if you use it exclusively. Most of my customers have reported that if they mix it up with other facial cleansers (esp. those that have a lot of synthetic ingredients), they actually find that their skin is MORE problematic. Mild CP soap or an herbal toner (like a lavender hydrosol mixed with witch hazel hydrosol (NOT the witch hazel at the store, as that is mixed with alcohol)), and a mask once a week is all you need in addition to the OCM.

Each skin type needs different things, but I've found that my dry/normal skin does best when I just splash with warm water in the AM and do the OCM at night.

Yours sounds like a nice blend. I've found that messing around with the percentages and oils can really make a difference in feel too. So experiment - it's fun and *easy* :)

Now all I have to do is find a non leaking bottle :) For testing when I was on a business trip, I just stuck it in one of my disc top PET lotion bottles. Oil all over my bag :( the top came loose.

Oh, ack! Gross!

I sell my 8-oz in a pump top - just twist it closed for travel, and it's usually good for keeping it in. I also always throw it in a ziploc when I fly, that way, even if it does leak, it's contained. :)

I have made this cleansing method up for my nieces and nephews that are entering or in puberty. It has cleared up there faces and they are happy. Yes, even the boys are using it. My nephew from Arizona was up here for the summer and I had to make a big batch for him to take home!

I've been using this method for about 4 weeks now. I use about 2/3 castor oil and the other 1/3 is a mix of jojoba & olive oil plus a little tea tree eo. I love how it works on my face. I have oily skin on my face and it is a lot less oily now. I recommend this method to anyone.

ok i went to my local supplier and i bought castor oil, calendula oil, and borage oil. Also bought a 8oz bottle to put it all in, and she showed me how to make 50% castor oil, and 25% ea of calendula and borage oil.

I am going to try this exclusively for 2 weeks and let y'all know the results. I won't use the mask or face scrub at all.