Learned Two No No's This Week

coffeebean

I just started making cp soap, & yep I'm addicted lol. My mind is going all the time trying to think of what scents I would like to try. I did find out don't color Green Tea Lemongrass green, it turns brown. I'm a huge Grape lover so I also made some Grape cp soap. When I took a bar down to the barn to show my hubby the sun hit it & turned it orange, so I'm guessing grape isn't a good choice then. Looks like orange, smells like grape. I just thought I would pass on my findings.

You know I never thought if that. The grape wasnt colored so there it must be the oil, but the green I used came from a supplier for soaps n lotions. I just assumed that would be a note I keep to not use those fragrance oils for cp soap. I'm still in the learning stages. I did make a mocha hazelnut coffee cp soap that came out awesome so I'm on the right track.

Hey Coffeebean! I just got addicted to CP too! I still have some grape pop mica I got from TKB Trading. They have some nice soap dyes and a good selection for liquid and micas for CP soaping. I also hear that Tradewinds Select Shades are also very good and Brambleberry also carries some good colorants. I still have a lot to learn about coloring my CP myself but thes are some good suppliers to take a look at.

Actually TKB Trading carries colors that match the discontinued POP colors. They have a huge variety of colors and in a variety of mediums for CP; mica powders, oil based, LAKE colors. Even ones for M&P; glycerin based, micas, FDA liquid dyes. Plus they even carry colors for lipstick and lipbalms, makeup, eye shadow, bath bombs, lotions, bath salts, body creams and butters, etc. I really like their prices and huge selection compared to other suppliers.

Edited by Candybee

Actually TKB Trading carries colors that match the discontinued POP colors. They have a huge variety of colors and in a variety of mediums for CP; mica powders, oil based, LAKE colors. Even ones for M&P; glycerin based, micas, FDA liquid dyes. Plus they even carry colors for lipstick and lipbalms, makeup, eye shadow, bath bombs, lotions, bath salts, body creams and butters, etc. I really like their prices and huge selection compared to other suppliers.

Good to know they got a bunch of colors back. Purple mica would work in CP and not discolor it's just different. Maybe swirling with purple mica would be better.