Is this even possible????

I must know from the experts here. I read this today about 11oz candles selling for $65 each, on the ingredient page it says 100% soy and then says this:

"It's completely Biodegradable.............................non wax candle that melts into a Shea Butter Oil that you can moisturize your skin with......

I am really intrigued by this......anyone ever heard of this type of candle, one that you can use on your skin?

Edited by sisters3

I know of whom you speak. They contradict themselves by saying their candles are 100% soy and then implying that they're a "non wax candle that melts into a Shea butter oil....". As far as I know shea butter is not soy and soy is not shea butter.

It would seem in order to command those prices you should add jazz music to your website, offer only a handful of fragrances with exotic names, and be a manager/former manager of a celebrity.

Lotion candles are nothing new. Save On Scents is offering a new wax that contains shea butter for this purpose.

Well they're new to me :)

So then which FO do you use, the one that is soap/lotion safe or the FO that is used for candles? Just curious, as I said, this concept intrigues me.

Do you, have you made these Stella?

Do you, have you made these Stella?

Nope and never will. If I want warmed lotion, I'll put it in a warmer - not dripping from an open flame. Some people do have enough sense to use these properly, but the ones who don't give the whole deal a bad name and I personally wouldn't want the liability of that product.

The solution is easy: wickless lotion tarts, lotion tins, etc. Good stuff, warm lotion, no flame.