Need advice about my Tog mold dilemma

naomiheck

Before I give up on this and chalk it up to a big loss, I could use some input from you guys.

I purchased a Tog Mold from Paul through his Etsy store back in October, and knowing that it sometimes takes a long time to get it, I didn't think about it (I also had surgery which was a distraction). After 2 unanswered emails and searching online, I find out Paul had been very ill. Etsy said they couldn't help because his store there in closed. I also heard his store on Artfire is closed. It's been over 45 days since I placed my order so Paypal is of no help in getting my money back.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to get my $85 back? Thanks!

Naomi

Oh Gran, it was the end of November and I needed the mold for Christmas soaps and couldn't get anywhere with her. The excuse was that they wouldn't have any seconds lumber until January and I hit the roof. You might as well get some made locally, its a real shame but I'm satisfied with the mold I got instead. HTH

Steve

I have no good advice, but just want to say my piece.

He is clearly troubled, and I'm sorry for that, but Paul-TOG has cost many people hundreds and hundreds of dollars because soapers a very kind and kept accepting his excuses. Probably they were genuine at first; I mean, i believe he had surgery and illness and all, but to keep taking on commitments he couldn't possibly meet TIME AND AGAIN reeks of more than just a bad business sense. Especially when you consider how many forums (including his own) he's been thrown off of for bad, manipulative behavior.

Piss pour customer service (blaming the customer), oft low quality workman ship, absurd TAT, and yet he still had a decent rating on his Etsy and ebay stores. Wonder how much THAT cost him...

This is an example of how "buyer beware" only works if people don't keep jumping to someone's defense. Sure, everyone screws up sometimes, but his pattern is absurd.

• 2 weeks later...

2 words: Soap Hutch. I have 16 of Rich's molds and I have never had a problem (EVER!) I have heard so many horror stories about Paul over the years. Poor customer service, poor product, very nasty attitude (of which I have experienced first hand over on the Soap Making Forum when he was a mod.) Yikes. I really hope you can get your money back.

Edited by thecandlespastore