Wicking Tall Container

I am trying to wick a glass container that is 3" diam. x 7 1/4" tall.

I am using GB464 with 1/15 ratio of FO. CD10 wicks

The container burns great for the first 2/3, then the flame becomes smaller, and eventually dies out. When I try CD 12, the flame was too hot after 2 burns, so I abandoned it.

Any ideas?

Sounds like the wick is getting clogged as time go by. I had a similar problem with 4630 and double wicking an apothecary jar. For me the solution was changing to an ECO wick. Both ECO and CD wicks are compatible with viscous waxes so it might be a solution for you as well.

I used an LX16 in this container that is 3 1/4" by 7 1/4" using a 60% 464 and 40% CBA blend with Sea Mist FO. There is 1 1/2lbs of wax total. I was afraid it would overheat toward the end but so far it is doing very well. Not overly hot to the touch at all and no soot issues yet either.

post-14020-139458493406_thumb.jpg

I used an LX16 in this container that is 3 1/4" by 7 1/4" using a 60% 464 and 40% CBA blend with Sea Mist FO. There is 1 1/2lbs of wax total. I was afraid it would overheat toward the end but so far it is doing very well. Not overly hot to the touch at all and no soot issues yet either.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23501[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the info. Where do you find taller (7"+) pre-tabbed LX?

Thanks for the info. Where do you find taller (7"+) pre-tabbed LX?

Georgia Bath and Body. I bought a sample pack of LX wicks and it had the 8" LX16 in it. But I do not see it listed individually, only the larger sizes in 8" so not sure if they are out or what. I did also use a ECO14 in this same jar but I am only a couple of inches into the burn on it. They have the ECO's in 8" sizes also.