classiccandle

Yesterday I saw the lady with You Smell soap on Shark Tank and she had some paper soap that she showed to the Sharks and I was wondering how you make that? I understand it isn't something new to soap making but I'm new to soap making and have never heard of it. Can someone that knows tell me where I can get the dissolving paper and how to actually get the soap on it without it dissolving? Do you use M&P soap or liquid soap or what?

Thanks!

I love the dissolving paper but have only used it to embed photos in soap. I had wondered how those soap leaves were made when I saw them in the dollar store. I wanted to test them out but they only had stinky scents! Never thought of using the dissolving paper--but it sure sounds like a pain to make. I'd love to hear about it when you try it.

I make and sell thousands and thousands of Soap Petals. I have tried the desolving paper and I got it somewhere off the internet a few years back, but didn't like it.

The Soap Petals, takes a long time to make, but it is one of my best sellers, year round. Just last year alone I sold 15000+ Soap Petals.

You can check out my Soap petals at www.gourmetscents.info and click on soap petals. I was also featured on t.v. at a local craft show for my petals..

Las

Thanks gourmetscents.info. From what I can gather about the paper soap is it's a dissolving paper infused with soap that dissolves in your hand when mixed with water leaving no trace of the paper when you're done. I'm not sure how that would leave a clump of soap on your sink. I'm curious as to how they get the soap on the paper without it dissolving. I'm probably thinking it's more complicated than it actually is.

The ones i got to try (keep in mind this was several years ago) was an actual paper and it worked ok with the soap. It had to be mixed with act. water and then rubbed for it to dissolve completely.

Unless you keep rubbing it in your hands until the paper is dissolved, it would leave parts of it around. Same as a really thin piece of soap.

May be technology has improved nowadays and they work ok now. I just dipped it in melted soap and left it to air dry... Needless to say I just tried a few of those and stuck with my petals...

Las