I HATE trying to decide what FO's to buy!!!!

lauramw71

If it helps I always make a list out each season with the scents I plan to offer. I keep a cap on the number of scents I offer so I don't go over that amount. You'd be surprised at how much it helps keep costs down and decision making much easier. If I have a bestseller or several best sellers I keep those which even further narrows my list down. I just leave a few open spots for new fragrances so my offerings are always fresh each season.

Just like I never go shopping at the grocery store when I'm hungry I never shop for FOs without a plan and a list.

Edited by Candybee

I feel the same way. I am down to 2 suppliers that I want to get FO's from this time, maybe three. There are 4-5 fo's from CC (candlecocoon) I have ordered from, love them. I have not tried Peak and there are 6 Fo's I want, then candlewic. It is so hard.

That's my problem Candybee.. I already have about 200 scents... and I DONT sell yet! LOL 2 years worth of accumulation.. and my hunny won't let me get rid of any. LOL He said he loves looking in my FO cabinet and seeing it stocked. HAHA He also thinks I need to make him incense with everyone I don't like.. sheesh, that'd be like YEARS of incense for him (I can't STAND incense) Maybe I won't tell him and secretly put them all in a box and sell them as a lot on ebay. haha I keep reading everyone's reviews of FO's and think.. oohhhh I gotta try that one! lol

tyty - I TRY to stick to my main supplier which is NG, but I keep opening up everyone's reviews of other companies eesh! There's a couple I want to try from different suppliers.. like I wanna try Black Canyon from Peak, Honey Patchouli from Elements, I LOVE Oakmoss and Amber from CS and also their Odor Eliminator (Only one I found that isn't citrus based). Sheesh, wish one place had everything I want! lol

It does help to narrow down the suppliers you use but wow! is that easier said than done! LOL I use about 4-5 but the majority of scents tend to come from the same supplier.

I decided long ago to use one main supplier and try to rotate my scent offerings based on what they have. That helped a lot and saved me some money. But the others I still buy scents I just can't find elsewhere or are for soap or a bestseller. Thats my excuse for using other suppliers. There has to be a specific reason to buy from them.

If I have a bestseller or several best sellers I keep those which even further narrows my list down. I just leave a few open spots for new fragrances so my offerings are always fresh each season.

I like this way of thinking but my problem is I go on a theme. I have a main candle for each month and offer a few different candle scents in the spring/summer and fall/winter season to keep it fresh as well.

Candybee- I wanted to ask if you like this idea of having a base 12 main scents that don't change and then having a few different offerings per season based on their popularity?

I have some scents that sell great and some that move more slowly of the main 12. I also don't think I've been selling long enough to really judge what really sells and what doesn't.

Sorry lauramw71 about high-jacking your post with my question.

Candybee- I wanted to ask if you like this idea of having a base 12 main scents that don't change and then having a few different offerings per season based on their popularity?

I have some scents that sell great and some that move more slowly of the main 12. I also don't think I've been selling long enough to really judge what really sells and what doesn't.

That's exactly what I do. I have my basic 12 and add 2-4 seasonal scents. It takes some time and market testing to determine your best 12 scents. Those that don't sell I take out and replace with something new.