Heard some good news today!

mzphee

I inquired about product liabilty insurance because im going to start gifting my melts outside of family and friends for feedback. And got a call aback today, the quote was $375 a year@ $300,000 product liability coverage. The agent states there is a candle manufacturing section that the Big guys use and I would fall under that. Im excited about this.Even if im not selling yet im still gifting and would have my melts and linen sprays covered.what do you guys think?

we talked in depth on Tuesday as to what I make how I make it and how I will sell product. also what I wanted. so today he stated it would cover the product 300,000 and any craft shows,flea markets,fund raisers..etc and that I would get a certificate to display if needed. It was just a quote Im going to make an appointment to go in and see black and white and also compile any questions I even had a small thought about. but im excited although I trust my family and friends I would like some neutral feed back, so gifting 2cubes or a 1oz tart would be my pleasure.

So glad to hear! Thanks for telling us about that. I'm also in Illinois and we have our house and car insurances through Pekin, although I'm still in the testing phase so the insurance part is a little ways away for me. Great to know they provide it!

will you rate them as a good company? im not selling yet either but I am going to start gifting and then craft shows.....will you call family refusing to accept the clamshells for free selling?:confused: lol no matter what they always say put this on something you need or the next slab of wax... I do love them

I decided to try Indie Beauty just to see their prices of course you have to be a member but you get $1,000.00 in insurance for about $395 per year pls what ever they charge to become a member. I'm still searching.]

Sorry not enough zero's on this. Zero's confuse me :laugh2:

Edited by ladysj

KC where in IL r u at? I'm in Rockford. I sure wish there were suppliers close to us! lol

I'm in Southern IL but used to live in Rockford. There's a wax supplier up there near Joliet (DPS Wax, in New Lenox) but not much else, not much around here either :( I so miss Northern IL and hope to move back there sometime soon.

will you rate them as a good company?

My husband loves Pekin for some reason but I've personally never filed a claim with them. I formerly used State Farm and just loved them, but I don't know if they had candle/business insurance. They're great with auto accident claims! lol

My husband loves Pekin for some reason but I've personally never filed a claim with them. I formerly used State Farm and just loved them, but I don't know if they had candle/business insurance. They're great with auto accident claims! lol

yeah I know I have State Farm for home,auto and life insurance...they dont offer candle liability insurance... I wanted everything in the same place. But my agent did refer me to Pekin insurance so I trust his recommendation just wanted other feedback

Peoria is where im from....wish I could move lol

Aww, that's what I thought before I moved but I really do miss it! What a small world it is, though. I saw your email on your profile and looked you up on Facebook. You're friends with my boyfriend's aunt and his father.

Edited by laurenscandlebakery

LOL mzphee I don't blame you for that one!! My hunny is from Galesburg and I've been to Peoria a couple times and Pekin once *shudders* HAHA Although, Rockford isn't much better!

At least you don't live downstate! Ugh! lol

We should all have a swap meet sometime!!

Aww, that's what I thought before I moved but I really do miss it! What a small world it is, though. I saw your email on your profile and looked you up on Facebook. You're friends with my boyfriend's aunt and his father.

really who? pm me..its a small world..lol

I really wish there were suppliers by us! :( I'm so jealous reading about people who get to go to the supplier and smell the fo's and all that stuff! LOL

lol I know I usr DPS for my wax and NG for my scents..good shipping and fast turn around, but im with you I want to smell and see also

There's a lil candle shop in Galesburg I think it's called the Candle Hutch. They sell some supplies... Not bad on prices. Stopped there about a year ago when we were in Galesburg visitin the fiance's family. But I want to be surrounded by STUFF! LOL

It's going to be even worse now that NG has said they are going to start carrying butters, oils, ewax, etc!