S.o.s hellllllllllp please asap

mzphee

OK SO I AM MAKING MY CLAMSHELLS AND I ALWAYS HEAT MY OVEN TO 170 WHILE IM PREPARING THE WAX POURING ETC. AND THEN TURN THE OVEN OFF. WELLLLLLLL TODAY I FORGOT TO TURN IT OFF AND PLACED MY CLAMSHELLS IN THE OVEN!! I KNOW I KNOW BIG MISTAKE ALL OF THE CLAMSHELLS ARE WARPED!:sad2: SO I PLACED THEM IN THE FREEZEr TO COOL QUICKLY, MY QUESTION IS 1). CAN I REMELT THE MELTS? AND 2.) DO I NEED TO ADD MORE FO? I AM USING IGI 4794 IF THat MATTERS AND THE FO IS BLUEBERRY COBBLER AND THE OTHER IS JAMAICAN BAY RUM. IF I POP THE MELTS OUT AND PUT IN MY POURING POT WILL IT LOSE THE SCENT? I NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE PLEASE AND THANK YOU....OH IF I DO HAVE TO ADD FO HOW MUCH MORE? IT HAS 1oz added already.:meditate: I need a wosha right now...did I spell that wrong?

Edited by mzphee

I am wondering the same about the clamshells in the oven. I don't use my oven when I'm making my wax melts/tarts.

I haven't used that wax so I don't know about the FO. It's hard to understand all your questions and read the all caps.

my house has a draft it seems in every room and I warm the oven for my candles and clamshells to have an enclosed place without draft....is that crazy? i dont know I thought I had a good idea lol...so I can remelt the melts in my pouring pot ..sorry SuzyK about all caps it was my cry for help I was kinda in a panic..I do apologize

Mz, as you know from earlier when we were emailing, I use that wax, and Im pretty familiar with how it works in melts, but you just threw me for a loop on the oven thing, so I have no clue how to answer the questions you asked right now. But, here is my thoughts on reusing the wax. Me? Im a scardy Kate. I got some new clamshells from a supplier and there is a plastic smell now when I open that batch of melts.. I dont like it. Since you have undoubtedly heated the clamshell enough it warped it, it more than likely gave off some sort of fumes that not only can probably be smells, but I have no earthly idea if it had the chemicals of the plastic seep out into the wax or not..............

Me? I'd chunk it ! It can't be too many since an oven can only hold so much but ...

Could you please explain why you put your clamshells in the oven now ? Inquiring minds wanna know !

Ok, ... draft.. gotcha! You were undoubtedly posting while I was. Now, Im no expert, no where near it, but, I have found that yes, a room that is below 70 will cause issues with the tops. As in them not being as smooth. Don't put the plastic in the oven, even on low :) If you have a substantial enough draft that you think might cause an issue, the safest thing to do is get you a box, lay out your clams in a grid and make sure the box will fit over it without tipping any of the clams over, and as soon as you pour that "grid" , cover it with the box. You don't want a box that is too tall because you are wanting to keep a little of the heat in, to help them cool slowly, but you dont want too close to the clams either. A lot of the candlers use this trick, when cooling candles they need to cool very very slowly ( for different looks in the candle or for containers that the glass might cool faster than the wax and it cause 'wet spots' and all sorts of various reasons. )

I can tell by looking at them, she didn't get any of that last "lot" of wax me and a few other girls I know ended up with. Undoubtedly they put too much Vybar in it, and the waves in that mess when it cooled? O geez... it was horrible! I ended up using most of the case on TPs, and I have to go get wax tomorrow... but im going to check the lot numbers before I purchase !!! I dont ever want to go through that mess again! BF asked why are you tripping out so bad cause its wavy... all I could say is ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE WAVY ! lol

ok ok I promise no more ovens, I will use the box method from now on..lol @ beth I use photobucket its the only way I know how to post pictures lol..if I had to do it any other way it would be January 1 2013 before you were able to see it lol..thank you guys for your help

I can tell by looking at them, she didn't get any of that last "lot" of wax me and a few other girls I know ended up with. Undoubtedly they put too much Vybar in it, and the waves in that mess when it cooled? O geez... it was horrible! I ended up using most of the case on TPs, and I have to go get wax tomorrow... but im going to check the lot numbers before I purchase !!! I dont ever want to go through that mess again! BF asked why are you tripping out so bad cause its wavy... all I could say is ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE WAVY ! lol

Is that the wax you got last month or so? I remember you posting that..hope this next batch is better

Yep, that's the batch ! Im praying it's not the same. This will come from a different supplier than I got that one, but, bad thing is, the other girls I know that got some like this.. got it from the place Im ordering from tomorrow since I can just drive over to Knoxville and pick it up! Trust me, I'm going to only get a slab, take it home , see what it does, and then if it works, I'll go get a case LOL

yes just keep scents together that go together i wouldnt add more scent seems u have plenty in them all ready! never put plastic in oven

thank you I made a promise never to do it again, Im just gonna pull them out of the package and bag them for later use, Im kind of afraid if I remelt it will lose some of the scent. I normally warm oven turn it off so that the calmshells can melt at a warm temp but not this time I forgot to turn it off and placed the sheet of melts in the oven ...big mistake and huge lesson learned...loss of wax,fo clamshells and dye....but the main thing is I did learn a lesson lol

Why not just plop {is that a word?} the whole block out and fit it into a new clam shell? It probably wouldnt be a bad idea to sacrifice one by test burning it. That way, you will know if it has or hasnt taken on a smell of plastic but I doubt it.

I tried to plop, lol it out and do that it wouldnt fit, so I put two blocks each in a bag to give to family and friends to try of course after I test burn..I just couldnt dispose of them

oh and my grandma use to use the word PLOP often lol