Fragrance Oils by Category

tbowers8403

Not asking for specific fragrances, but curious. Do you get your different categories of fragrances from all one place or different places. I like CS scents, but open to try something else.

Example of what I'm asking:

Do you get your floral scents at peaks

but your musky scents at candlescience

your fruity scents at NG

your dessert scents at....well you get the point.

Just curious where the best categories are at different suppliers. I hope this all makes sense!

Also how many categories are there? I wish I could find a place that lists them, but I get different lists.

I order from 5 different suppliers (Natures Garden, Candles of the Earth, Just Scent, Enchanted Lights, Candlescience) All my suppliers have different scents that are awesome and some that aren't in each category. I haven't found that only 1 supplier has good baking scents, floral scents, fruity, fresh & clean scents, woodsy & musk scents. They all have good/bad in all categories.

I purchase from several different suppliers also. Every supplier you buy from will have some awesome scents and some not so great scents. Even though the shipping costs are killing me, I do really like the idea of not having "all of my eggs in one basket". It is a wonderful thing to have so many awesome choices and companies to purchase your product from. :)

Edited by puma52

Im all on board for the " all supplies from one source " ... would be better if they were next door, but I'd settle for if they were dead smack in the middle of the US so it's as far to the West coast as it would be the East LOL . I get so envious of some of the candlers/bnb'ers that get to use amazing stuff from the West coast cause it's close, but I just can't justify the shipping costs to the East coast ya know ?

I would suggest if you could, start out with suppliers close to you. You don't have to buy every scent out there that sounds good. I'm speaking from experience as I've restarted my business back up. I'm restricting myself to 3 suppliers. If they don't have a former favorite of mine, I'll find a new one. The amount of oils that I gave to another candle maker was staggering. The amount of money I spent was insane.

I would suggest if you could, start out with suppliers close to you. You don't have to buy every scent out there that sounds good. I'm speaking from experience as I've restarted my business back up. I'm restricting myself to 3 suppliers. If they don't have a former favorite of mine, I'll find a new one. The amount of oils that I gave to another candle maker was staggering. The amount of money I spent was insane.

I don't doubt that at all!! Oils even at 1 ounce at pricey! Heck this whole addiction...I mean hobby/career path is pricey :) My husband was gasping at the prices of Natures Garden, told him it works out the same price if I buy a lot.

I like the fact I have the classifieds page on my account now for this board. I can try FO's from certain places for cheaper :yay:

Also thanks everyone for the input, I guess I wasn't that lucky to find the answer - just gotta do the leg work and see what works for me! So far I have 1 and a half suppliers lol More to try!