Scent Reviews from BCN and Aztec

blacktieaffair

These were all done, in TPs and in wax melts, 4794 paraffin with a THREE HOUR CURE only.

Im picky about my scents. If it doesn't pass both the mega CT and 4794 3 hr test, I dont use it. These are also done at a 1:1 ratio :

Aztec's

Cherry ( new ) o m G hold on to your britches cause this stuff has a MEGA throw both CT and HT in tps and melts. It smells just like the Luden's Cherry Cough Drops. No medicinal, just really sweet cherry ! Dead on ringer !

Bedtime Bath 5 stars !!! Throws as well as the cherry but this is a very soothing scent but a real thrower. I'll be burning this in my room a lot when Im trying to sleep!

BCN's

Dream Angels Heavenly

Ed Hardy Original for Women

Both throw extremely well CT in tps and HT in melts. HT is a bomb, scents are dead on dupes in my opinion.

Will be doing more of each company's later tonight, and will keep yall updated!

Sharon, its the dipped Toilet Papers that I do a ton of :)

Scented, you are absolutely right :) I do realize that it takes a 12 hour and sometimes a lot longer to get the full effect of an FO in the wax I use. Im strictly saying that if after 3, its not up to what I have determined to be good scent level for me, I will give it more, but in over 300 scents that I have extensively tested, and use on a regular basis, I have yet to find but about 20 that require more than 3 hours in this wax, for me to get a "feel" for.

For instance, I have never had one that started out strong, go weak. Not in this wax and in these two applications. I've had weak stay weak but never go backwards.

That's why I am also careful to post what application, and what wax I use. What works for me, might not work for someone else who uses Palm or Soy or puts in a pillar with mottling wax or addative.

I buy from 2 FO suppliers, they are the two I started with, and have stayed with until I ran across Aztec. I did, no joke, no exaggeration, right at 3 years of doing nothing but reading , reading and more reading on candle boards, books, videos, testimonials, reviews, before I ever bought my first supply of ANYthing. I have many many years of work and testing ahead of me to be near as good as some, but, I do take careful consideration of all elements before I nix, or add, anything new.

I wish I could for the sake of entertainment, but unfortunately yall, no major troubles. Unless you count two days ago when , after probably dipping over 200 in the past three years, I was "flipping" one, from one end to coat the other, and it slipped, plopped down in the wax in my mix pot, and splashed wax on me and the walls ( nope didnt hurt ) Now Im glad I have plastic sheeting on the floors and walls LOL.

Here's a couple of example of what I do with wax dipped TP.

I am trying out some new combinations, I will have about 20 to look at either late tonight or in the morning. I do them from very plain with nothing but a bow, to seriously blinged out with jewels and all sorts of wax application techniques... These are just a few pics I had handy. The tall lavender one, and the brown Very Vanilla was done for Christmas presents.

post-14200-139458493209_thumb.jpg

post-14200-139458493214_thumb.jpg

post-14200-139458493218_thumb.jpg

post-14200-139458493221_thumb.jpg

post-14200-139458493224_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much. Right now Im not doing but a couple of the florals, mainly doing the ones with ribbons and bling blings ! Working on my tie dye effect and some streaking so, its going to be a fun day LOL ) Im being bad, I have 9 sitting behind me I have to take pics of and get put up on FB store, but I dont' really have a decent place to take the pics and its been raining. I need to make a light box but yeah , Im not the most handy person in the world at all !

Welcome! I'm thinking some PVC tubing cut to the correct measurements & white sheets cut & attached to PVC. Like putting kids toys together with bigger tubes at joints? Easy to dismantle.

I have a Tabletop studio thing & my husband made one out of wood also, but still looking for a bigger one.

Oh ok, a ROLL of toilet paper. I was imagining you tearing off these little squares of toilet paper and dipping them........Ive dipped bears before and they last about one month of continous scent, then after that I can heat them with a hair dryer to "release" more scent. After a year they aint worth much more than a display. How does the toilet paper last?

Welllll here is where I have to be careful between the truth, the truth in advertising , and the REAL truth.

It all depends on the wax, the strength of the FO you use , it's natural longevity , and the air flow in the room.

I know no one will believe me but this is the honest to God's truth.

I have one, that is on my fb page , you can see it there. I made it almost a year and a half ago and every time I walk past it ( its sitting behind me on a shelf), I can STILL smell it. It's Fresh Honeydew closeout by BCN.

Then I have a lavender from another supplier I made for Christmas and it's about mid tempo now.

On my tag that goes on them, I honestly tell them that " with proper care, ( I include directions) this air freshener with last you a minimum of 6 months."

I put rather detailed instructions it.

These were all done, in TPs and in wax melts, 4794 paraffin with a THREE HOUR CURE only.

Im picky about my scents. If it doesn't pass both the mega CT and 4794 3 hr test, I dont use it. These are also done at a 1:1 ratio :

Aztec's

Cherry ( new ) o m G hold on to your britches cause this stuff has a MEGA throw both CT and HT in tps and melts. It smells just like the Luden's Cherry Cough Drops. No medicinal, just really sweet cherry ! Dead on ringer !

Bedtime Bath 5 stars !!! Throws as well as the cherry but this is a very soothing scent but a real thrower. I'll be burning this in my room a lot when Im trying to sleep!

BCN's

Dream Angels Heavenly

Ed Hardy Original for Women

Both throw extremely well CT in tps and HT in melts. HT is a bomb, scents are dead on dupes in my opinion.

Will be doing more of each company's later tonight, and will keep yall updated!

Thought I'd update this with another from AZTEC :

Sweet Serenade , their new one they release a couple of days ago, is very nice, its sweet but tart. Has a note in it that is almost a citrus, or well it tickles my nose like a citrus does, but its really nice and they have another winner. It has a CT and HT like a mega ton bomb in paraffin 4794.

@blacktieaffair - Try Aztec's Bamboo in 4794 - super strong! It's not a complex scent but it is certainly a fresh & green bamboo scent.

I also tried Aztec's Amish Harvest in 4794 which starts out strong but tends to fade really fast after 6 hours. It's a really nice FO but I also could not get it to throw well in 6006 either. (I have since found that Amish Quilt from AH/RE is much stronger and a really great FO)

Aztec Honeysuckle is nice and incredibly popular with customers...it's pretty much just a straight Honeysuckle so if you want something more complex it might be a good mixer with another floral.

Traveler, thanks for the suggestions. I used to get a Bamboo Teak from Community Candles ( well , Alabaster) and it was my favorite. Might give Bamboo a try. As for the Honeysuckle, I haven't even bothered sniffing that one when I go over there, because I can't find anything that is remotely close to a true honeysuckle. Is this one really sweet or is it more true to life? I can't stand that synthetic honeysuckle if you know what I mean.