Nuscents Premium Lotion Base

coconut

I've never tried this.. I'll have to look into it. My two favorite bases are the GMH from WSP, and the Hemp from Aquatech. Although I'm going to replace the Hemp since it's sooo pricey. I like it because it's thinner than the GMH lotion. I'm on a quest for a thinner base now...

have you tried making your own lotion?

I make it up and store it unscented, and as I or others want some

it scent it in what ever they want..

if you haven't looked at Swiftcraftmonkeys blog..you will find a wealth of information. here is her site

She has all types of lotions and creams, recipes.

she also sells her ebooks..there..

i have everyone of them, and they are well worth the money..

Also LotionCrafters has some really good recipes for lotions too..

i love her Goatmilk Lotion..

What I like about my own lotions, I can add whatever type of oils that are good for my hands.

like I have been having trouble in the winter months with my hands around the knuckles getting dry and itchy..

so I experimented with oils...and have found that olive squalane, borage, evening primrose, shea butter has really helped my hands.

http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/

I have thought about making my own lotion, and the more of the hunt I go on for the right one for me makes me want to try it more and more. I just don't have the nerve.. yet. LOL I know one of these days I will get the nerve. .. I've almost got enough to make CP soap!

I have Swifts anhydrous ebook I purchased. LOVE it! I will probably buy her lotion making book as soon as I know I'm serious about trying to make my own. The whole testing really makes me cower away!

making lotion is not hard at all..

really once you make it, you will wonder why you did not do it sooner.

I was like you...i kept putting it off..so finally I ordered from The Lotion Crafters. her pre-packaged

Goat Milk Lotion..She has everything you need to make it..already weighed, so all you have to do is follow

lotion making directions..it was so easy..i then ordered everything I needed to make my own..I made that lotion

for several years, exactly by her recipe..

Then when I found Swifts blog, it educated me to be able to branch out, and try new ways of making lotion.

Her Anhydrous Book is only for making things without water..Like Lotion Bars, ect.

For a hand, body, or face lotion you have to add water..so her lotion making book gives all kinds of recipes for all different needs.

If I were you, try out the pre-packaged lotion kit from LC..it is a wonderful start..and will get you totally familiar with lotion making..

Good Luck..let us know if you try it..

If you have any questions..don't hesitate to ask..

My fav is the goat milk & honey lotion from WSP. I've been looking at the Rainshadows Lab website and really want to give their bases a try. They have a coconut milk and honey I want to try but the shipping from OR to VA would kill me.

I'm not ready to make my own lotion but hope to one day.

Same here Candybee. And I love the GMH from WSP so much, so why mess with perfection? lol

But, I think when I DO decide to make my own I'll get that try it kit from Lotioncrafter.. That will take some of the fear out of the process for me I think. I really like the idea of being to custom create my lotions with whatever oils and butters I want!

Edited by lauramw71
I just learned to spell I guess...

O-M-G!!! I had never seen this company and they are an hour from me!!!!! I pulled up the site to check out their lotion you were talking about and saw they have the same area code as me! This could be a good.. or bad thing! LOL Have you used anything else from them? FO's?