Scent replication machine?

rctfavr3

Taylored Concepts used to offer a scent replication service which utilized a machine that would break down the scent into it's chemical components for easy replication.

Does any other company offer this service? Sure would come in handy!

Edited by rctfavr3

Every time I see the title of this thread, I think of Star Trek for some reason :)

:cheesy2: True. lol. That gives me an idea for a scent name "Vanilla-Beam me up, Scotty" or maybe "Beam me up, Biscotti" LOL.

Edited by rctfavr3

Can they only replicate an FO? or can you send them some perfume to dupe?

FO Manufactures can dupe anything that they can fit into their analyzers. Things like FO's and Perfumes are easy for them to work with and they can get a better match usually the first time. If you sent them a food item or maybe a chunk of scented wax from a competitor it will take them much longer and may take several tries to get it right. All of the manufactures that I deal with have every perfume or cologne known to man already duped, is there something special that you are looking for?

Does anyone have a recommendation between all of these? I have several candles that I love that I have had no luck in finding an equivalent fo for. I am a very little fish though so cant afford to spend big bucks or buy a ton at a time.

Of the ones mentioned I've only used the Candlemakers Store so I can't compare any of the others. What are the FO's that are are trying to find (if you don't mind telling us) equivalents for? Someone on the board maybe able to help you find the equivalent without having to spend alot of money.

My illusive candle scents are all from A Cheerful Giver. They are Aunt Kooks Apple Cider, Juicy Apple, Praline Caramel Sticky Buns (my fav. of all time) and their Banana Nut Bread. Any suggestions would be great :)