Large Order

annie123

Got a $300 + order on my Etsy site paid with Paypal.

This is for a US address the payment status is completed, however this address is unconfirmed and the seller protection says partially elligible ???

This person does not have any feed back or other transaction on Etsy.

Any advice on this one?

Ship insured with delivery confirmation for sure. It sounds like they might be new to paypal too, if there address isn't confirmed.

And, on an order that size, make sure you have them SIGN for it - the person that did the ordering. Otherwise, if problems arise, you won't get a thing. Personally, if I was only partially covered with seller protection, and buyers have full protection, on an order that size, I'd think twice about filling it. Everyone has heard stories about Paypal purchases on eBay gone wrong....:tiptoe:

I wouldn't stress over it too much -- with Paypal, you don't HAVE to be a member (register, confirm your address, bank account, etc). When a non-member makes a payment it comes across as an unconfirmed address.

I can't recall what the time-frame is, but you could always give it a couple of days to see if you get a fraudulent kick-back. Or call Paypal and ask them how long it usually takes.

But, bottom line, if you ship to an unconfirmed address you're taking a chance -- Paypal has that policy in place for a reason. Just gotta decide if you're willing to chance it or not. If this person lives in the U.S., has had pretty good communication with you about the order, etc. I wouldn't hesitate to ship. If they haven't had a need to communicate with you at all, find a reason to contact them and ask a question about their order or something.

On the other side of the coin, God gave us intuition for a reason -- do what your gut says! ;-)

Just tought I would update - The woman is real alright she placed a huge order and 2 days later wondered why she hadn't received it. She called me at home twice, left me 2 e-mails and commented on my Facebook page. I just hate it when people do not read my terms and turn around time and go frantic because their order does not magically appear in front of them right away.

I shouldn't complain business is business...

Just tought I would update - The woman is real alright she placed a huge order and 2 days later wondered why she hadn't received it. She called me at home twice, left me 2 e-mails and commented on my Facebook page. I just hate it when people do not read my terms and turn around time and go frantic because their order does not magically appear in front of them right away.

I shouldn't complain business is business...

You are completely right. A lot of people just expect to get their orders the next day. They never take a minute to read what is on the website. All you can do is nicely explain that in your terms it stated the turn around time.

I ship the same day unless I get the order late afternoon or evening. I feel if you are gonna sell something on a website you should be able to ship it right away. But a $300 order I would definitely call the customer if I needed time to fill it. Then that would give them a chance to decide if they want to wait.

Edited by Candybee

I ship the same day unless I get the order late afternoon or evening. I feel if you are gonna sell something on a website you should be able to ship it right away. But a $300 order I would definitely call the customer if I needed time to fill it. Then that would give them a chance to decide if they want to wait.

My website is a custom, made to order website. Whether you order a $5.00 item or place a $150.00 order, it's all custom colored and scented to your choice, after your order is placed and your payment clears. It's all clearly explained, and after 10 years at the current web address, most people understand that...at least the ones who read. It is a niche that has worked well for me, and kept the business growing. :tiptoe:

And, on an order that size, make sure you have them SIGN for it - the person that did the ordering. Otherwise, if problems arise, you won't get a thing. Personally, if I was only partially covered with seller protection, and buyers have full protection, on an order that size, I'd think twice about filling it. Everyone has heard stories about Paypal purchases on eBay gone wrong....:tiptoe:

You would think by them signing for it that you would be covered but think again. If someone files a claim with Paypal that they did not receive their order and sign a paper with Paypal stating this then Paypal will reverse the charges and the seller has lost product and money. I know someone that this happened to for over $100.00 of product sent out. Not to cool at all when the seller has proof the item was signed for by the customer too. Makes you sick.

If you send USMail and it's insured it could take a super long time to receive any kind of compensation if any.

You would think by them signing for it that you would be covered but think again. If someone files a claim with Paypal that they did not receive their order and sign a paper with Paypal stating this then Paypal will reverse the charges and the seller has lost product and money. I know someone that this happened to for over $100.00 of product sent out. Not to cool at all when the seller has proof the item was signed for by the customer too. Makes you sick.

If you send USMail and it's insured it could take a super long time to receive any kind of compensation if any.

Just one of the many reasons I don't offer PayPal on my website any longer....:tiptoe: