What I am currently testing from Tennessee..........

leenabug

Well my deciding factor for my next order was because I needed some lovespell for valentines day......and Tennessee has my favorite lovespell so here is what I ordered to try from Tennessee:

Hot Baked Apple Pie (had a reeeeaaaallllyy good one from Bluegrass, gonna be shocked if this is just as good)

Love Spell Type (already know this is a good one)

Pink Sugar (this is new for me, never tried it from any where)

Strawberry Cheese Cake (this is replacing my strawberry jam from bcn, or will it?)

Fresh Linen (will be comparing this to the one from alabaster)

Warm Vanilla Sugar (tve never had a vanilla that i did good with so I am gonna be using this for mixing)

Spiced Cranberry (umm, hoping i can come up with something to replace my blackberry pie?)

Coconut Tango ( needed something with coconut for mixing)

Lemon Cheese Cake ( had a lemon cake from bcn, then a lemon cake from KY....both were great...see how this goes)

Hot Apple Cider ( I have a really popular muller cider from alabaster.....wonder how this compares?)

Will post my results when I get the oils in........

OOB THOUGHTS:

Baked Apple Pie (had a reeeeaaaallllyy good one from Bluegrass, gonna be shocked if this is just as good)

I was surprised at how good this smelled.....if it burns good, I may consider this a keeper.

Love Spell Type (already know this is a good one)

I have the perfume from VS on my shelf and this still smells just like it! I like how the lotion smells a little sweeter than the perfume and was wondering if I could add something to nudge this more towards the lotion? hmm

Pink Sugar (this is new for me, never tried it from any where)

Never smelled this from anywhere so nothing to compare to.......wouldnt be my first choice in a scent, just a tad to perfumey for me, but I can see why people like it........if it doesnt make a strong candle, hopefully a good melt

Strawberry Cheese Cake (this is replacing my strawberry jam from bcn, or will it?)

THis for sure will not replace my strawberry jam! Not the strong strawberry FRUITY smell I was looking for. More sweet with a strawberry flavor, not like a real fruit smell. Come to think, it smells a lot like the strawberry daiquiri I tried from bittercreek back in 2007. This will work for Valentines and spring combinations, but I still wanna look for another strawberry jam to keep in my regular line. Wonder what TCS's Strawberry Fields smells like?

Fresh Linen (will be comparing this to the one from alabaster)

hmm, this is a pleasant smell but not as satisfying as the one from alabaster. It has a slightly more perfume smell, while the one from Alabaster has a slightly more "clean" smell.....I might add a little lime, see what happens.....

Warm vanilla Sugar (tve never had a vanilla that i did good with so I am gonna be using this for mixing)

Oh this is an awesome smell! It is so close to the Bath & Body works shower gel that I use! IF this burns strong for me, for sure a keeper! I can just imagine all the things you can mix it with too! great!

Spiced Cranberry (umm, hoping i can come up with something to replace my blackberry pie?)

no mistaking this just any old "berry" smell, its a real cranberry smell....its nice, might work with it later, would make a good fall/ holiday scent. Will probably have to reorder the Blackberry Pie from Alabaster, along with the fresh linen...

Coconut Tango ( needed something with coconut for mixing)

This is gonna work great for what I needed! It has a mostly toasted coconut scent. I was expecting a tropical scent, which usually smells better but usually burns weak. So toasted coconut is a "harsher" scent which usually comes across stronger, so I'm happy.

Lemon Cheese Cake ( had a lemon cake from bcn, then a lemon cake from KY....both were great...see how this goes)

Not even close to what I was looking for. I am looking for a strong lemon scented fo. This is a sweet cheesecake smell more than anything to me, so i think I could use this for when i need that "sweet" smell when mixing fo's. hmm, I was wanting a little more "sweetness' in my lovespell............

Hot Apple Cider ( I have a really popular muller cider from alabaster.....wonder how this compares?)

Oh this is really good, really close to the one I've been using from Alabaster....

Will start testing and post further results........

Enchanted Lights has an awesome Lemon Cheesecake that is VERY strong on the lemon side!! I absolutely love it and have sold it for years.

Nature's Garden has Spiced Cranberry that is AWESOME too!

Edited by Aimee81

• 2 weeks later...

ok, I'm working on the lovespell first. So far its pretty much how I remembered it. A good smooth pleasant version of the lovespell. (I tested one from somewhere one time that had such a "wang" it made me cringe!)" Not what I call a strong scent, it doesnt fill the whole house but its nice to walk in the bedroom and its pretty good in there. So Im gonna list this as medium in the 464 wax. HOWEVER, it would probably be stronger if I let it sit for 2 weeks before testing. I waited 1 week.....

I've never tried anything from Enchanted Lights! lol, dont tempt me to try yet ANOTHER supplier.......thats what this testing is for to try to narrow down my list of suppliers.........! lol! I let this set a few more days and then burned again. This time it filled the bedroom AND hallway.......I'm thinking this 464 wax really needs extra cure time to get a strong throw. Gonna test the pink sugar next I think......

pink sugar........This ended up being awesome! I liked it so so out of the bottle, thought it was a little too perfumey for my tastes. But I really like it burning in a candle! and its strong. I put it in the living room and it filled that room, drifted thru a 5 ft doorway into my kitchen and down the hallway. It was too strong in the bedroom. So I will list this one as strong. It is sweet but with just enough richness to keep it from being sickenly sweet. Something in it makes you think of roasting marshmellows....

A keeper for me.....

Strawberry cheesecake. This does not smell like cheesecake to me, so I am calling it strawberry kisses. Makes you think of artificial strawberry sweeteners, kinda like a snowcone. My kids love it. It fills a bedroom really good. When testing in the livingroom, it filled the living room and drifted somewhat into the kitchen. Not as strong as the pink sugar but somewhat stronger than a medium.......so Im gonna list this as med strong. However its still not the strawberry scent i was looking for. I want something that is strawberry as in the fruit.....

warm vanilla sugar: WHAT is my problem with vanilla's?! I never make a good vanilla candle and i have tried so many vanilla oils! This smells awesome, so awesome, so I will for sure use it for melts and probably mixing but its not working in my candle. Didnt even fill the bathroom. Any suggestions? I let it cure for 2 weeks.

apple pie is really good and strong. It might not smell as "perfect" as the one from Bluegrass but its really good. im gonna use it. Warm and buttery with a pretty good kick of cinnamon. Not heavy on the buttery, I guess an equal balance of the apple, buttery and cinnamon. Usually apple pies are stronger in the "pie" smell and I add a little cinnamon myself but I wouldnt do that with this one, its got plenty of cinnamon.

• 1 month later...

told you i was really slow about testing.......

Lemon cheesecake. Very weak at first test so i set it aside. After 1 month I tried burning it again and it easily filled a bedroom size area! Weird, I guess its one of those that have to cure for a while (either that or its my wax-464) I just call this cheesecake cause its light on the lemon to me.

Warm Vanilla Sugar: After 1 month of cure, tried burning again. Little stronger, it would fill a bathroom now but still not acceptable. Its a wonderful smell so atleast i can enjoy the melts maybe. No joke, for me to get a vanilla to half way smell in my wax, I gotta let cure for weeks!

Fresh Linen: Dont like this as good as Alabasters, to perfumy for my tastes. Gonna try adding lime to get a "cleaner" smell...