How to do this?

melharma

http://www.etsy.com/listing/83974499/ginger-creme-handmade-vegan-soap

I was looking thru etsy today and saw this soap made out of melt and pour, and Im just wondering how you would do a soap like this with uneven lines. I have only done layered melt and pour with clean even lines. I'm thinking that you pour when the soap is still hot? But do you pour right away or do you wait until it gets a film over the first layer? Any tips would be appreciated, I'm not trying to copy this soap just learn another technique. Thanks

I think she is referring to the wave like layers and not the crinkle cut.

It reminds me of a 'wave' candle technique where you let each layer cool a bit. Then you press the wax and it bulges out creating a wavy look. Works fantastic with wax.

Wondering if this is a similar technique. If so, try letting the first layer cool down enough you can press on it to create a bulge. You may even want to include setting your mold at an angle too. Let us know how it works out if you try it.

Another technique may be to rock the layer back and forth.

Edited by Candybee

If you send your question and the link to Bramble Berry, they will give you an idea (and possibly directions) on how to create that look.

BB customer service is great and I always receive an answer to my questions/predicament within 24 hours. hth :smiley2:

It reminds me of a 'wave' candle technique where you let each layer cool a bit. Then you press the wax and it bulges out creating a wavy look. Works fantastic with wax.

Wondering if this is a similar technique. If so, try letting the first layer cool down enough you can press on it to create a bulge. You may even want to include setting your mold at an angle too. Let us know how it works out if you try it.

Oops. I'm over enthusiastic soap newbie. I think I'll stick to asking questions instead of answering questions ;)

Yes, thanks I was talking about the waves in the soap, I guess next time I'll be more specific :) But I appreciate your response AlwaysWondering! I'm going to try letting it cool and molding it down, thanks!

Do try Ravens suggestion and visit the Soap Queen at Bramble Berry. She has some great soap making videos on different techniques to make all kinds of soap.

Alwayswondering - don't be afraid to offer comments and suggestions. Everyone is learning here and if we reserve what we think or feel others may not learn from your wisdom. :smiley2: