Tents

Sndfrddy

For some reason I can't get the search function to work. SO I'm asking a question that probably has already been asked. Sorry. I am possibly working this coming year at a Farmers market in the summer and outside pro football stadium in fall. So I'm thinking of getting a canopy/tent. Probably with added side walls. What are your suggestions for the best ones at the best price? I've seen several on line but wondering which you have tried and find to be pretty easy to set up and sturdy. Thanks!!

I had an EZ UP tent that I bought about 6 years ago on Ebay. It was great! You will also need weights. My Ex made me some out of 3" PVC pipe filled with cement, and I attached them to the legs. That tent was not going anywhere! lol

I got mine off Ebay also. I adored that thing, but, I will warn you, if you get the 10x20 like I did, I dont care how much they say 2 people can open it in under a minute.. they lied LOL

The great thing about mine ( and they have this in the 10x10 also ) is the removable sidewalls with windows and door zippers so you can configure it how you want, when you want.

BUT !

Do yourself a HUGE favor ( and your products too ! ) get the ones that are insulated. It has a silver undercoating on the inside of the tent, and walls. No joke, in Alabama, in over 100 degree weather for the "fall" shows, my products stayed cool , didnt' melt or wilt and everyone !!!!!!!! was coming in my tent to escape the heat... and I can vouch that during the truly winter shows, it really helps keep you warm !!!!!

I have an Ezyup I purchased 6 yrs ago. Its one of their sturdier models and was worth the price.

Besides Ezyup the other brand name I would consider is a Caravan. I see mostly Caravan and Ezyup tents at most outdoor venues. These are also the ones that are the easiest to put up.

I put up my tent by myself in just a few seconds.

But do get yourself some weights. Whether you make them or buy them get some!! I have seen more tents take off in a sudden gust of wind and when the wind takes it off the struts and crosspieces typically will bend and break.

I made weights buy using empty cat litter jugs. Filled them with playsand from the hardware store and purchased pulley straps to secure them to the weights/jugs. My tent isn't going anywhere and I've been thru some serious wind over the years.

One lady I met used empty milk jugs filled with water. Her reasoning was she not only had weights but emergency water. I was impressed with the idea and wished I had thought of that. She secured the jugs to the tent with bungy cords.

Others use PVC pipe and pour cement in them and use top and bottom pieces on the pipe. They secure them with bungy cords or pulley straps to the tent. Both are good ways to secure your tent without spending a lot of money.

I snagged a 9x9 by Ozark Trails this summer for our farmer's market, I managed to grab it for $38 on Walmart's website so I jumped on it. I love it, it's very easy to put up, very sturdy and I can put it up myself alone in about 2-3 minutes. I used gallons of water to weigh it down and it survived a few high wind days without an issue.

Whisper, this isn't the company I got mine from, and its the wrong color, but this is the tent.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x20-EZ-Pop-Up-Party-Wedding-Tent-Canopy-Gazebo-Green-/170755372907?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c1d0376b

Mine was black ( of course ) with the silver undercoating and let me tell you, that rolling storage bag is a nice thing to have ! I was always amazed at how easily something so huge would fit into something so small!

HTH

Here's a pic of the tent , hadn't put the sides on yet cause the sun wasn't bothering us right then...

Please excuse my severe crappy looking display, it was a first !

post-14200-139458491443_thumb.jpg