Dont Do This!!! LOL

HI everyone,,I wanted to tell you how silly I can be. Yesterday I had asked Satin Ducky why I was getting these scratchy marks on the top of my pillars,,WELL,,I was READING my thermometer on the CELSIUS SIDE!!!:embarasse I can not believe I did that!!! I noticed it when I went to pour some candles today!!:laugh2: :laugh2: I wondered why it felt way to hot,, I think it is time for a digital thermometer,,,,Just thought I would share!!!:D

Thanks you guys,,I am so glad it didnt catch fire either,,I am still a bit shakey to even think of what could have happened...Im to stressed out to be making anymore Candles,,all my christmas orders are done,,,so I think I will just be on here with all of you and stay out of the kitchen,,LOL:D

:confused:

I always read my thermometer on the Celsius side

:laugh2:

merry Christmas!!!

When I was still living in Scotland I went by the Celsius side also,,But living in the USA for so long I go by Fahrenheit,,,,But when I did catch it,,the temp was almost to 250 C and thats not a good thing!!! LOL

Merry Christmas!!!!:D

Don't feel bad. One night I turned off the presto pot and went out to dinner. Came back to find that I'd turned the knob the wrong way and I had something like 4 Lbs of wax simmering at 400 degrees. I'd turned the knob the wrong direction.:undecided

I did this same thing not that long ago. On big orders I add color and FO to the presto. I was in dire need of smokes so I turned off (or so I thought) the pot to run up to texico. Came home to my house filled with smoke and the nasties smell you could imagine. The next day I melted all the wax out and in the bottom of the pot was this thick black gooey shit that I had to scrape off. I ended up ruining the pesto pot. I scraped to much and all the teflon coating came with it. :mad: