bees wax additive

• 1 month later...

Adding beeswax to any other wax IMHO is a waste of good beeswax. I've heard just about all the reasons to add it including: help scent throw, candle burns longer, better wicking, etc., etc. I know it personally can bring it's own problems such as cracking when cooled. Does it really actually help? I guess it really depends on who you talk to LOL!! In and of itself, 100% beeswax make beautiful candles and I don't and won't mix it with anything else. :cool2:

Using Beeswax as an additive will aid in many ways. It can extend the burn time and raise the melt point, by doing that it can also regulate the flow of wax through your wick and sometimes stabilize an unruly flame. Beeswax does not expand when hot or contract when cooled so it can also be used to counteract shrinkage issues that cause wet spots although it will not completly eliminate them, it is much easier to achieve a spot free candle with optimum pouring conditions. I don't know of any increase in HT by using Beeswax but other benefits are undeniable. If used as an additive you have to do it in small percentages between 1% to 10% depending on your wax type or problems you're trying to correct or else you will start getting new problems caused by the properties of the Beeswax.

Keep in mind whether you are using Soy, Paraffin or a combination of the two, Beeswax should be used as an additive like other additives (Stearine, Vybar) and should be added in small percentages, 20% is way to much and is going to cause a number of problems, besides it is just to expensive to use that much.

Adding beeswax to any other wax IMHO is a waste of good beeswax. I've heard just about all the reasons to add it including: help scent throw, candle burns longer, better wicking, etc., etc. I know it personally can bring it's own problems such as cracking when cooled. Does it really actually help? I guess it really depends on who you talk to LOL!! In and of itself, 100% beeswax make beautiful candles and I don't and won't mix it with anything else. :cool2:

Amen!!!