thoughts on color

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on colored candles compared to candles which have no color? Does color really increase sales? I'm thinking about passing on color and just adding a little color to my label and marketing this by saying that we don't use color because we want to preserve the appearance of the soy by leaving it natural looking. any thoughts would be great..thanks!

My personal opinion is that one of the classiest candles is one that is uncolored in a tumbler with a silver lid.

On the other hand, while I love ivory colored pillars and find them clean w/a classy look to them as well, I like colored for decorating. In the pillar line, I think color is important. Just my opinion.

No dye here. I occassionally dribble a dot of dye to amuse myself but 98% of my candles are dye free. I stopped dyeing candles probably 7 or 8 years ago and not a single person that I can recall has asked me why, nor have they asked for a specific color.

collage1optim.jpg

Edited by SliverOfWax
add picture

Im NO help on this because : One, I do buy a ton of colored candles, love them to decorate with. But then I have to agree with Jeanie and Periwinkle, I think the classiest ones are just as they described. Now having said THAT........... I myself don't "do" candles. I only make dipped items, wax melts and bnb. But all of my melts are dye free unless it's "spare" wax I had from making something else. If I do ever wholesale or make candles, I plan on having the dye free, metro or some similiar style glass with a silver lid, black and silver label.

But I gotta admit, I stand in total awe of the ones who do the far out pillars that are absolutely amazing to just look at........ but I dont know if I could burn them they are so pretty !

No dye here. I occassionally dribble a dot of dye to amuse myself but 98% of my candles are dye free. I stopped dyeing candles probably 7 or 8 years ago and not a single person that I can recall has asked me why, nor have they asked for a specific color.

collage1optim.jpg

Sliver- if you dont mind my asking....I use the square mason also and have not been able to find those lids (in rust) reasonably priced enough to use, where do you buy yours? The cheapest I have found is candlesoylutions but it would add another dollar to my candle of which I already feel is to pricey to try and wholesale when all is said and done but I love those lids and want the rust!!

Thanks

I got tons and tons of them from CandleSoylutions when they were in Oklahoma. You're right..........they add too much cost to the candle.

I've never seen any others as nice as these. I have ordered small amounts from other places and they were cheap, fake, and ugly looking. I once got some nice rust ones off Ebay, but that was years ago.

Good luck. You'll need it.

3masonswborderoptim-1.jpg

Edited by SliverOfWax

Sliver- if you dont mind my asking....I use the square mason also and have not been able to find those lids (in rust) reasonably priced enough to use, where do you buy yours? The cheapest I have found is candlesoylutions but it would add another dollar to my candle of which I already feel is to pricey to try and wholesale when all is said and done but I love those lids and want the rust!!

Thanks

Candle Soylutions still has them, but they're expensive:

http://www.candlesoylutions.com/thumbnail.asp?offset=0&deep=2&cid=33

I don't know if you've tried these, but there are rust lids on these three pages:

http://www.candlesandsupplies.net/Candle-Making/Lids-Caps-Covers

http://www.thecandlemakersstore.com/category/jars.jar_caps/

http://www.fillmorecontainer.com/Lids/70G%20CT%20Olde%20Tyme%20Copper%20Unlined.htm

Edited by HorsescentS

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on colored candles compared to candles which have no color? Does color really increase sales? I'm thinking about passing on color and just adding a little color to my label and marketing this by saying that we don't use color because we want to preserve the appearance of the soy by leaving it natural looking. any thoughts would be great..thanks!

I asked friends and relatives about color/no color, and for example, my mom only likes white candles and her style is high-end contemporary; but her cousin only likes colored candles -- says she feels cheated if the candle is not colored -- and her style is country. Her daughter likes vintage/artsy/whimsy decor, and she only likes colored candles.