Any Aztec Candle FOs reviews ???

blacktieaffair

Was wondering if anyone had some reviews on the FOs for wax that Aztec carries. I've just realized Im only 40 miles away from them now that I've moved. ( Had totally forgotten the company exsisted lol )

I love the scents I carry and I am loyal to them, but if could find comprable scents in my own backyard, shipping would save me a ton every year.

TIA !

I ordered some samples from them about a week or so ago -- with the busy holiday season, I haven't had time to put them in wax, but I can tell you that I was very pleased with the OOB smell on all of them except one! I ordered about a dozen so that was pretty impressive to me....

I know that wasn't overly helpful, but it at least lets you know that it might be worth that 40 mile drive for you just to go sniff 'em :)

Thanks so much sweetie! I don't mind driving over there a bit, especially if they will let me sniff around, literally LOL. I know OOB can be misleading, but I tend to do 1ozers at a time so I don't use up a lot of wax. ( guess if they don't work in wax, I'll always have some smelly wax to make firestarters with LOL )

Think I'll give them a call in the morning and see if they have a display set up in their offices so we can take a whiff. One of my old suppliers had one and I used to love going in there and messing around!

Im going to head over there tomorrow to get some things and I'll find out if they will let me snoop or not. If they do, I'll definitely get to it.

If there's something in particular yall want an OOB review on, IF I can get to samples in person, holler back at me and I'll make a list and go from there :)

I've been to Aztek several times and they do have a setup when you walk in the door. They have alot of items on display from jars to labels to fo's and so on. So you can sniff till your hearts content and check out some of their other products as well. We usually make a trip there about twice a year for wax and jars but we are about 2 hours away. They have a nice, clean and organized shop and everyone there has been very helpful and knowledgeable. I'm sure if there was an FO you wanted to sniff that wasn't on display they'd go get one for you to sniff. I've not used alot of their FO's but the ones I have used were all great. I have been selling alot of their hollyberry mistletoe right now.

If you are serious about your offer of "sniffing" some FOs I would like to take you up on it. I have a few I am curious about. So here is my list:

Cozy Cabin

Cool Water

April Fresh Downy

Christmas Cookies

Clothesline

Duck Farts (you have to curious about it LOL!)

Kentucky Bourbon (I am hoping this one is a winner!)

Squirally Nut (Wondering if this is similar to hazelnut vanilla)

Sugar Cookie

I have more but this is the best I could narrow it down too. If you get a chance I hope you can sniff a few and post a review!! Thanks for the offer!

Years ago, they sold a candle in Gatlinburg called " Bear Farts" . Only one shop sold it ( it was a purse and accessory store ). Every time we'd go there, I'd buy three or four of them. Unfortunately the store went out of business, and I can't find the candler that made them. I'd pay good money for those again or what scent they used.

And Im with Pam.. DUCK Farts ?? I mean you can kinda figure out what Monkey Farts would smell like.. bananas, fruity, that sort of thing. Bear farts was berries and some other stuff I never could figure out ... but wth does a duck eat that I wanna smell ???????????????????

Edited by blacktieaffair

If you are serious about your offer of "sniffing" some FOs I would like to take you up on it. I have a few I am curious about. So here is my list:

Cozy Cabin

Cool Water

April Fresh Downy

Christmas Cookies

Clothesline

Duck Farts (you have to curious about it LOL!)

Kentucky Bourbon (I am hoping this one is a winner!)

Squirally Nut (Wondering if this is similar to hazelnut vanilla)

Sugar Cookie

I have more but this is the best I could narrow it down too. If you get a chance I hope you can sniff a few and post a review!! Thanks for the offer!

Candybee, I have Aztec Cool Water Type, I've tried too many without succes since Bert's went OOB and been trying to find a good dupe at a reasonable price and Aztec's didn't measure up, I would say it's comparable to NG..I've found a keeper though, I love the one from Cajun Candle! I only make CP soap though and not candles..hth

Welp, here we go !!!! Candybee, I have your list in hand... off to Aztec I go !!!

Why do I have the feeling Im going to have one MASSIVE headache and blown out nose before this morning is through ???? LOL

(Not from you Candy, but from me. I looked again at their FOs and there are SO many I wanna sniff ! Im always on the lookout for new scents and if I can get some a LOT closer to me and not have shipping.... :) )

Yall wish me luck! If Im not back with a report by 3pm EST........ Ive gotten too dizzy to drive home ! ROFLMAO !

Talk to yall soon !