4627 Wicking Suggestion

I am fixing to try making a candle in an apothecary jar with a 4" diameter, using 4627 with 8% FO (since this seems to be the suggested amount for this wax from what I have read). I am planning on using ECO wicks, since that's what I have on hand. I have tested this jar size in soy using an ECO 16, and it melts all the wax (including the sides), even though I think it burns a little quick. My supplier suggests an ECO 10 for a 3.5"-4" diameter jar. Would this be a good size or should I maybe start with an ECO 12?

Ok... here is a test using the ECO 10 after about 8 hours of burn time. Does these seem typical for 4627? This was my first test with it so I'm not sure at what point it should be. It seemed later in the burn that it was getting closer to the edges, so I think that had I been able to let it go longer that it might have made it to the side. HT was good with less than 24 hours of cure time (I was burning it down stairs and could smell it upstairs).

post-14003-139458490012_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the black color. I was doing a color test for a project

post-14003-139458490018_thumb.jpg

post-14003-13945849002_thumb.jpg

All of my containers end of looking exactly like this unless they end up as torches. I have been testing 2 CD-4s in 4" & 3 CD-4s in 4.25" containers. 1st time in 7 months of testing that I have HT & moving down the sides of the jar as it should slowly. I might have to move to the CD-3s but know its close. Good Luck! I almost gave up on this wax.

Ok... here is a test using the ECO 10 after about 8 hours of burn time. Does these seem typical for 4627? This was my first test with it so I'm not sure at what point it should be. It seemed later in the burn that it was getting closer to the edges, so I think that had I been able to let it go longer that it might have made it to the side. HT was good with less than 24 hours of cure time (I was burning it down stairs and could smell it upstairs).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23038[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23037[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23036[/ATTACH]

Sorry for the black color. I was doing a color test for a project