Chocolate Soap???

icecold

Can you add real chocolate to soap? If so how much and do you have to discount water for the amount of ounces you use? I would probably only use and ounce or two in it. Or is it better to use cocoa powder for a chocolate soap? Anyone tried this?

I have added cocoa powder and unsweetened choc chips to soap. When using the cocoa powder I used approx 1 tsp PPO, just kind of eyeball it until it is the brown you like, it iwll darken up a little bit. The choc chips I just added 1/4 cup to a lb of soap to make chocolate curls and soap chocolate chips. No scent comes through but it makes a nice color. You don't need to discount your water.

I do it all the time, because I'm a chocolate snob lol. Of course I add cocoa absolute to it also. I had some salt bars the other day though and all they had was dark cocoa powder in them in a few drops of peppermint and man did the chocolate come through.

Hello, you can use cocoa powder blended with some of your oils from your soap batch..makes a great looking chocolate brown soap I added a fantastic hersheys chocolate scent fragrance oil from WSP..I do 1 tbs of both cocoa powder and oils per 4 pound batch added at trace you can also choose to add it to your superfatting oil if you would like... people really think its chocolate brownies:) Good Luck

I do it all the time, because I'm a chocolate snob lol. Of course I add cocoa absolute to it also. I had some salt bars the other day though and all they had was dark cocoa powder in them in a few drops of peppermint and man did the chocolate come through.

Hi My name is Debbie. I am new to this forum. I didn't see a place to introduce myself. So I thought I'd just right in. I have only been soaping for about 6 months. I have other crafts that I like to do also(too many to name :D) One thing I haven't got into yet is quilting or candle making.

Anyway...What is cocoa absolute? Is it a FO, something synthetically made? Or something natural.