Gardenia for 464

Anyone know of a good gardenia fo that throws well in 464? I've only tried NG's White Gardenia so far, at 8%, but the HT is little to none. :-( I love gardenia, so I want to find a really good one for me. :-) I've got Gardnia Lily from LS that I have to test yet. I'll be placing an order in a few days from CS, as I need more tins and I buy from them for the feet, hehe. So if anyone has tried their gardenia, that would be a great help. Anywhere else, just let me know. Thanks!

Genwax's Sweet Gardenia is the truest and strongest and will throw at .5 oz/lb in just about all waxes. I actually use it at .3 oz/lb because half an oz. is way too strong. This is one of those scents where less is more!! :cool2:

I use 464...but, the CS Gardenia doesn't smell anything like Gardenia to me.

I don't use 464 (I use C3) but I agree. Gardenia is a tough fragrance to nail accurately, as are magnolia, yellow jasmine and honeysuckle. I have all four in my yard so I'm very familiar with the "real thing." Sometimes Ma Nature just does a better job... I've tried MANY of these from different suppliers and most are very pleasing (except the ones that smell like pee) - they just aren't true to the actual fragrance of the flowers... They don't smell any more accurate in CP soap either...

There was a shop in the French Quarter in the '70s that had the best magnolia oil I ever smelled... wonder if they're still there...

I"m okay with it not smelling exactly like Gardenia. In fact, I don't know that I know what real Gardenia even smells like! I just know I love the smell from different candles and perfumes that I've smelled in the past. I like the NG Gardenia OOB, but it's just too weak in my wax. I still have the Gardenia Lily from LS to try, but OOB, it's not what I'm looking for, though it is still a nice smell. Once I test burn the Sex on the Beach and Crème Brulee from CS that I poured on Friday, I'll be placing an order with them, so I'll get the Gardenia from them to try. Thanks for all the recommendations!

I use the NG Gardenia in the 135 and it is super strong.

I use 464 sometimes (have been testing it using colours) and it seems to do ok for me... I love Gardenia though :) One of our suppliers in AU also sells Gardenia and I find that super strong too - but not sure who they buy their bulk orders from - but could be CS

Not much help I know, sorry :)