Just finsih this quilt

Vicky_CO

That is soooo cute! Was it hard to make? I'm still trying to finish my "easy" quilt-as-you-go Halloween quilt! LOL I may have it done by next Halloween! You've got some serious talent, that is a gorgeous quilt. I hope your grandbaby enjoys it for many many years to come. :)

Very cute puppy quilt. How old is your grandbaby?

I am working on a quilted Christmas round table topper. Knock on wood...so far it is going great. Tomorrow comes the hard part. Making the bias binding and sewing it around the 10" inner circle and then again around the bottom edge of 6" wedge shapes that are around it. I HATE sewing around circles. This is all attached to a 42" circle. Then I have to find something that I like to trace a pattern on template plastic so I can cut out shapes to applique around the bottom of the large circle. I'm not the best hand sewer...have done applique one time that I thought it looked really good...lol.

That is soooo cute! Was it hard to make? I'm still trying to finish my "easy" quilt-as-you-go Halloween quilt! LOL I may have it done by next Halloween! You've got some serious talent, that is a gorgeous quilt. I hope your grandbaby enjoys it for many many years to come. :)

I would consider this a quilt for an intermediate quilter this one is not for beginners. I am personally just past the beginner stage as a quilter. I have a lot to learn yet.

Very cute puppy quilt. How old is your grandbaby?

I am working on a quilted Christmas round table topper. Knock on wood...so far it is going great. Tomorrow comes the hard part. Making the bias binding and sewing it around the 10" inner circle and then again around the bottom edge of 6" wedge shapes that are around it. I HATE sewing around circles. This is all attached to a 42" circle. Then I have to find something that I like to trace a pattern on template plastic so I can cut out shapes to applique around the bottom of the large circle. I'm not the best hand sewer...have done applique one time that I thought it looked really good...lol.

She is just over a year old.

You must show us pictures of your table topper.

I'll TRY to remember to post a picture when I finish it. I didn't get much done yesterday...like I had planned to. Making your own bias binding is NOT fun if you don't have the bias tape maker. The Fons & Porter book where I found the pattern said cut 1" strips and then use the 1/2" bias taper maker to make your bindings. There's a nifty little trick to making it without it but my edges kept fraying so I stopped and decided to do it the old fashion way...fold in 1/2 and then fold in the edges. It took forever. I got the small circle pinned on and decided to let it "relax" overnight so will sew it this morning. Then I have to make the longer bias strip that will probably be a PITA too. The quilting on mine is stitch in the ditch...I have only tried FMQ one time on a practice block. LOL...I had the bobbin thread nesting underneath. I'm planning to buy a Janome 6006 machine in a few months. Same dealer where I got my current machine...Elna...and WILL take the training classes they provide.

I think your quilting looks great. Are you a fairly new quilter? I've sewn for 50+ years but just got interested in quilting last year.

I have been sewing forever I start amazingly enough on a peddle machine my Grandma had, my mom would not let me touch her machine. Quilt is fairly new to me and pretty much self taught. I made a quilt years ago and it was not so good so I did not do another one till about 2 years ago. What got me to want to start quilting was I love quilt blocks and I started putting them on the front of my tote bags. Next thing I knew I tried a very simple quilt it turned out okay so I keep getting a bit gutsier.