Soaped Peaks New Vanilla Bean Nectarine

jeanie353

Used SFIC base and one of the recipes in Candybees recipe thread.

It held up great, and is really a nice scent. It seemed it was going to be too strong when I mixed it in but all opinions in the house say it is just right. Definitely there, lingers on skin a nice length of time. A bit light on Vanilla. Changed soap color to a medium ivory. No color added to base.

Used 2T FO to 3 lbs of base

Edited by jeanie353

It sounds yummy. If it has much vanilla in it it may darken further. Hope you made an extra soap or two so you can store one to see if it gets darker.

For future reference, WSP carries a vanilla stabilizer for M&P. I know a few other suppliers carry one too but I've read good reviews on the one from WSP.

It sounds yummy. If it has much vanilla in it it may darken further. Hope you made an extra soap or two so you can store one to see if it gets darker.

For future reference, WSP carries a vanilla stabilizer for M&P. I know a few other suppliers carry one too but I've read good reviews on the one from WSP.

Thanks Candybee....I will pick some up. I do have some extra bars. Since I poured them I've noticed they turned just a little darker than originally had. They are actually a pretty color imo...like a medium ivory.

The only thing I'm concerned about is that it has very low suds. For me it is fine but customers probably wouldn't understand that low suds doesn't mean less cleansing. I practically had to sneak a bar in one of my daughters' purse to get her to take it after I warned the kids about the lack of suds.

I think I'll try a few other suppliers of SFIC base for various qualities. This is my first time with additives to M&P so I have a lot to learn in this area.

I went to a way of natural shampooing my hair where there are no suds at all about two years ago. It was odd at first but once I got used to it, I love it and don't think I'll switch back to regular shampoo ever. My hair is so much healthier and grows like a weed since I switched.

Also, thank you so much for taking the time to list all the fantastic M&P recipes for us. I can't wait to try them all.

• 4 weeks later...