Looking for a tester/mentor :)

OK , I think I have it down but am not sure. I am looking for one maybe two of the more experienced folks on the board to test/evaluate my product. When I say the word mentor I don't mean it in the sense of tell me what I got to do. I am talking along the line of like hey your wick may be too big or not enough HT . Either way if one of the more experienced folks is interested in this please PM me. I will cover all costs all you have to do is light it and tell me what you think . Thanks again. I am finally starting to get excited over this whole ordeal.

So far I got a good $500 invested an think I finally found a worthwile product. Not sure if this is a lot of money to get started but to me it is :)

Edited by darrell

Soy or paraffin?

Hate to blow the wind out of your sails, but don't be surprised if in a relatively short time you will have to add a zero to that $500. This is a very rewarding hobby, but also a very expensive one - and an addictive one as well, lol

I'm about 10k into testing soy and paraffin. Roughly 25 scents in about 7 different containers as well as pillars! And I'm still going! Asking someone to evaluate your work is good in theory, but since it will take 30 to 50 hours to burn a candle enough to get a handle on its quality, I think that may be a hard sell!!! Good luck.

LOL, yeah, I'm about at Robert's dollar amount. I had no idea it was going to be that spendy when I started out, but hey, its fun and I've had more expensive hobbies.

I'd like to see a sample "tester check sheet" because it is easy to find folks to test, hard to find folks who know what to look for and how to report back.

Darrell, I'd be willing to swap you if you like. What do you want tested?

I'm about 10k into testing soy and paraffin. Roughly 25 scents in about 7 different containers as well as pillars! And I'm still going! Asking someone to evaluate your work is good in theory, but since it will take 30 to 50 hours to burn a candle enough to get a handle on its quality, I think that may be a hard sell!!! Good luck.

10 thousand dollar$??? Testing how long???

Mike

My husband was a skydiving instructor for many years. A person once asked him what it would cost to learn to be a skydiver. He answered that to jump out of an airplane would cost $100.00, to be a skydiver would cost $10,000.00. The same could be said about making candles - To make a candle cost very little, to become a chandler is very expensive.

How very true!

My husband was a skydiving instructor for many years. A person once asked him what it would cost to learn to be a skydiver. He answered that to jump out of an airplane would cost $100.00, to be a skydiver would cost $10,000.00. The same could be said about making candles - To make a candle cost very little, to become a chandler is very expensive.

too late, i already called him, texted him tweeted him and emailed him... your busted :)

Oh no!!! I'm in trouble! Hehe. No, he's actually really good about it. He knows I've spent a lot. About a month ago I was at the $500 mark and I did tell him about that, and he knows I've bought a lot more since then. :-) Isn't that why he works, so that I can shop?

Well.......................... long sigh.................

It gets worse. You could be like me and put all those supplies in storage and spend $93/month to warehouse the girlfriend's oversized couch and all the candle supplies. Now I get to pay for a hobby that I don't really have.

I'll have to write to the producers of 2 1/2 Men and ask how they would handle it.

Edited by EricofAZ

My husband came home from work the other day and asked me if using a presto pot would make it easier for me. I told him yes, when I'm doing more than one scent or a bigger batch, a presto pot would definitely make it easier. So he told me to buy the stuff needed and he'll get it set up for me. :-) See, he's good about it. As long as I'm happy, he's happy.

My husband came home from work the other day and asked me if using a presto pot would make it easier for me. I told him yes, when I'm doing more than one scent or a bigger batch, a presto pot would definitely make it easier. So he told me to buy the stuff needed and he'll get it set up for me. :-) See, he's good about it. As long as I'm happy, he's happy.

Tell him since he has all his tools out he might as well just make ya two :)

Well I'm sorry to say that it starts at the candles, then somewhere along the way you start thinking... soap! bath & body!... then the cost goes through the roof...lol :rolleyes2:shocked2::tiptoe:

I've already been thinking about soap, haha! I'm going to wait just a little while longer until I dive into that, though. :-) I just see so many beautiful soaps on here that it's really hard not to start NOW! :-)

Well I'm sorry to say that it starts at the candles, then somewhere along the way you start thinking... soap! bath & body!... then the cost goes through the roof...lol :rolleyes2:shocked2::tiptoe:

I am in trouble, just started thinking about soap...