Running out of options... any suggestions?

I dont do alot of votives but when I do I usually always get good results with CD wicks- granted I havent made these in alot of scents so far

I have been making several Christmas Scents the same way I always do- PB/135 blend with 7% FO, I do a second pour and I use the 15 hour flair molds with wick pins

I cannot get a wick to work in any of the 5 scents I made without getting the glass votive holder WAY to hot- I use the glass containers from CS that hold the votive very snug (with the flaird top I sometimes have to push them into it)

Anyways in all of them I tried:

CD4- too hot

CD5- even hotter

htp 41- way to weak

htp 54- even weaker

Eco 2- way to hot

I have ordered CD3 (I didnt even know they made) but any suggestions as to where to go from here would be appreciated- I did not anticipate a problem with these little brats- Cd's have always worked perfect before and we start selling Christmas Trees next week and I would love to have some Votives ready for a few give aways!

Have you tried a Cotton 36-24-24?

No I have not- but I just checked my wick supplies and I have a sample pack of Peaks Cotton Core....however they are not numbered like that they are C30 thru 65

Would these be comparible? I will start a test with the 30 and 50 and see....

Thanks for replying

I think LX wicks are nice for the little candles. They mushroom too much for my taste for the bigger ones but they burn nicely in votives and small containers.

Exactly! Thats why I never thought to try them in a votive- I hated them in larger container candles! Thanks