Any Suggestions?

It is curious this wick business. I have most sizes of LX and HTP and would love to use them but all I end up using is LX in pillars and votives and then CD for soft wax (paraffin and soy) containers. I don't know what "they" add to make the paraffin soft but for wicking, it behaves more like soy wax than hard paraffin. Good think wicks don't go bad, one day I may across a project where the HTP wicks will work ht best.

That's interesting about soft paraffins behaving more like soy for wicking. That must be why I notice people using the same size zincs for both 6006 parasoy and 4627 in the same size jar.

So, I wonder why IGI recommends HTP wicks for optimum results in 4627. I really like the HTPs, but they remind me of divas. lol Everything has to be just perfect down to the last 1/32 of an inch. Maybe not always, but with 4627 in the Elemental jar at least.

Hi There HorseScents, I'm good! Thanks to both you & Sliver for your advice. I love CDs in 4627. To me they burn hot so don't know about wicking up. Look at one of the wick charts to compare. I'm finding that the HTPs work the best for me so far in the CBL125 which is supposed to be 4630. Going to test 125 against 4630 next week to see if they really are the same. Merry Christmas!!!!!

Thanks! :D I can't wait to try the CDs now. I will be sooooo totally thrilled if they work for me. Please let us know how your HTP testing goes.

Which one had the best HT? HTP or CD?

Also, I was just searching for CD wicks on Peak's and Candle Science and didn't see them. Are they called "CD wicks" on the suppliers' websites? Where can I buy CDs? For the Elemental jar I'd like to stick with the 6mm tall wick assembly.

I buy them from Bluegrass since they are close to me. BitterCreek, NG, Lonestar, Candlewic, Southwest have them I believe.

I get mine from Lonestar or Bittercreek.

Thanks! :) I might get them from Bittercreek because I think they have some FOs I wanted to try. But I like the custom wick option at Candlewic, too, because I want the highest temp wax for priming: 210 degrees. Peaks uses 212 degree wax to prime their wicks, but I didn't see what temperature the other suppliers use. I'll just call Bittercreek and ask.

Edited by HorsescentS