Craft Show Pictures

PAgirl89

Wow! looks really nice! How did you do? I like the variety of products, colors, heights...very nice.

My only suggestion would be on the white table, instead of centering the cloth, make it hang more in the front to block the boxes and tubs. Minor in the grand scheme of things.

I did pretty well for me, I made my space fee and had about $115 in my pocket. There was a Scentsy rep there and I had quite a few people who thought my clamshells were Scentsy or another brand, and I'm like Uh no, I made those in my kitchen. LOL I sold quite a few of the clamshells, mainly because I think I was cheaper than Scentsy and mine smelled better. LOL I had the clamshells selling for $4.00 each and after people sniffed, it just sold itself. There was another vendor selling soaps, and I think cold-process soaps, I didn't stop to ask, but she was selling smaller bars than mine for $4.00 each, while I was selling larger bars for $3.50. I sold more clamshells than the brittle or the 4oz tarts and I sold 1 of the punched tin warmers and 1 of the honeypot tealight warmers.

This was my first time at this particular show, so I really didn't know what to expect, but I did more sales within the first 3 or 4 hours, once it hit 1pm, the buyers kinda dwindled down. The show was from 9 to 3, and most started to pack things up about 2:30. There were 65 vendors, 1 Scentsy and 2 other candle vendors and 1 other soap vendor besides myself. Gave away a lot of business cards and talked to a lot of people, so it got my name out there if nothing else.

As far as the candy goes, I always have some kind of candy sitting on the table, sometimes I have free samples of soap or wax tarts. If I do the free samples, I always get people asking as to why I have them and I'm not really sure why they ask. LOL I had a couple candles without lids sitting on the tables and an unwrapped soap bar of each scent for sniffing. I also donated one of my tulle wreaths for one of their raffles.

post-12619-139458487588_thumb.jpg

All in all, it was a long day, but a good one.

Edited by PAgirl89

Congrats! Display looks very pretty and neat.

I did a show Saturday and there was a Scentsy rep there. She was selling her melts 3/$11. Seemed strange to me because that is a big mark down for them to give. I wondered if they had come out with a smaller size. Tried the stealthy walk-by...but they looked the usual size.

Tried the stealthy walk-by...

LOL. I love people who do the "stealthy" walk by to us. I am just in your face and will rock right up to any other chandlers at the same show and say hi. Cant tell you how many get a little freaked out and not quite sure what to say or make of it. Love the competition though. Keeps us working harder on our own product.

We dont thankfully have scentsy to worry about down here, just partylite, and they are pretty rare to see at a show or market

Love it! I also like the various heights. I need tall wooden displays like that, do you mind sharing where you got them?

The wooden crates I got at AC Moore. The other wooden stands I had gotten from Candles & Woodcrafts but I don't think they are taking orders any more.

Thanks! Yeah I wish I had gotten more stands when I ordered the last time in June. I'd like to get a collapsible wooden stand for on the table for indoor shows but most of them I've seen are 3 feet tall or more, and I'm looking for a smaller version. I really like the look of the wooden crates, I may have to buy a few more larger crates for next year.

I've been searching with Google with no luck of finding a smaller version. I'd prefer 1 unit than using a bunch of wooden crates and I don't want it higher than 20" cause I want to use it as a table display and my table is already 28" high, I still want to see over the top of the display to talk with people.

I'll keep looking though, if I find something, I'll pass it along! :)

I've been searching with Google with no luck of finding a smaller version. I'd prefer 1 unit than using a bunch of wooden crates and I don't want it higher than 20" cause I want to use it as a table display and my table is already 28" high, I still want to see over the top of the display to talk with people.

I'll keep looking though, if I find something, I'll pass it along! :)

Thank you and I will pass it along if I find anything...it's like pulling teeth!! I'm off to Michaels tomorrow to get two more crates to stack. I had to secure a paint stick in between with bottom slats so my soapies won't fall through. LOL