Craft Show

NaturallyTru

I hate doing craft shows! I quit doing them; but then signed up for one in early August for December because they begged me needing a candle booth. It's a very very good show so I said yes. Been getting ready planning, ordering supplies, and have almost all candles finished (except a few more holiday scents).

August went to the local festival and after looking at the candle quality offered decided that I will do next years...2 days 8am-8pm. Sucker for punishment I guess.

Then found out a historic restaurant/inn here is holding a home business/craft expo Nov 5th. My candles are just sitting here already done...hmmm....so yep I signed up. I just keep seeing potential dollar signs in my head...lol! $$$$$ Only other candles will be Scentsy on Saturday.

Now....quit signing up for craft shows!!!!! :P

I LOVE craft shows. I have many wholesalers find me there and it's helped me build my business big time. We're on the road doing shows about 25 weekends a year, do only a few spring/summer shows... This year we are booked every weekend from Mid August until December 10th. After the 10th is out time to fill and deliver holiday baskets for clientele'... chaching.. chaching...

Good luck... it's always great to know you have a good show going..

I enjoy doing craft shows. I have craft shows in March/April, July, Oct, and Nov. that are permanently on my yearly list. And it's a very large show that brings in vendors and buyers from all over the area, some are 2 day shows but a couple are 1 day. I fill in the weekends with smaller local shows like church craft shows and my own open house show 2x a year. I've done pretty well this past summer, each show the totals keep going up. Last show of the season is a 2 day show the weekend right after Thanksgiving. After that the weather gets unpredictable for snow & ice.

I hated them the first year, but I'm starting to enjoy them a little now. I agree though--my poor little candles take a beating being packed, unpacked, repacked, hauled around...that part's a pain for sure. That's when I always wonder, "Why did I decide to make candles instead of stuff made out of fabric that I could just toss into bins??" Oh well. I'm doing my first multi-day show in Nov., so am trying to strike that perfect balance of how many, what fragrances, etc... So much easier to fill actual orders!