So overwhelmed

Newbie here.. I really want to get into making candles but after reading through all of this forum and all around the internet, I'm now so overwhelmed. I'm thinking I want to get a kit to start out in parrifin, but as I keep looking around I don't know which to choose.. Also any suggestions one which suppliers online have the best shipping charges? I looking through the list by state and the closest to me is two hours away.. I'm thinking I want to start by making container candles and votives. I would love any kit suggestions!?!?

Thanks in Advnace!!

The closest places to me don't have kits so thinking of using http://www.makesscentscandles.com/categories/Starter-Kits/ , which is kinda close to me.

Anyone have experience with them? They have a few basic kits, are they worth it? I'm thinking of going with the container.

Did you look at Candlewic? You might check the shipping, but it looks like a good deal for the price of the kit.

http://www.candlewic.com/store/Product.aspx?q=c66,p792

I order a lot for Peak's as it is just one state away and that helps with shipping costs. The kit looks pretty good, lot's of stuff and a nice range of FO.

The wax 4630 is a container paraffin blend, so if you wanted soy wax, this is not it. That said, I use 4630 and find that it is a great container wax and throws well and looks great. This kit should provide a great opportunity to learn the process. I don't use zinc wicks but they should work great. If you have any questions about 4630, feel free to ask and I will share what I know.

Wise move to start with paraffin and or votives. I grabbed a kit from Cajun Candles and was encouraged by that success to move on to containers. I think J-223 or J-50 (don't know what they call them now) are really good waxes for starters. Soy is so different from paraffin and the curve is steep IMHO but try a slab of 4630 and look for fos that throw well in that wax. HTH

Steve

I order a lot for Peak's as it is just one state away and that helps with shipping costs. The kit looks pretty good, lot's of stuff and a nice range of FO.

The wax 4630 is a container paraffin blend, so if you wanted soy wax, this is not it. That said, I use 4630 and find that it is a great container wax and throws well and looks great. This kit should provide a great opportunity to learn the process. I don't use zinc wicks but they should work great. If you have any questions about 4630, feel free to ask and I will share what I know.

Thanks, I will keep you in mind with any questions about it.