Best Prices for unrefined shea

Jeana

I lost my supplier and now I'm looking for a new one. Seems like it is hard to get true wholesale prices though. If I'm buying 25lbs I don't want to pay $8.00 per lb, KWIM?

Any one have a good source they want to share?

I was planning to use soapers choice, then I got samples of both types their unrefined shea. They were VERY gritty. The yellow was the texture of cornmeal. The white was almost like cream of wheat. I feel bad saying that cuz I've been really happy with their oils until this one. They were both squishy too. I've worked with the gritty and squishy feeling shea before it is fine for soaps but doesn't work for body products.

I used to get it from Oils by Nature but they are so weird now. Their website has been down for months and they rarely answer the phone. They don't seem like they are completely closed, but I know I need a much more reliable way to buy something than them.

They were VERY gritty. The yellow was the texture of cornmeal. The white was almost like cream of wheat...... I've worked with the gritty and squishy feeling shea before it is fine for soaps but doesn't work for body products.

them.

Exactly. I use SC for soap, but not lotiony products. That's why I suggested Vermont Soap above. Creamy and usable in lotion formulation. JEdwards is always good for CP and lotion too, as is Biochemica - both requiring a higher purchase quantity and higher per lb price.

I really have a hard time on the Vermont soap website, its hard to find what you're looking for on there. It would be nice if they had a size between 4lb and 55lb.

Now I have a sample coming from global mamma. They have good prices and offer various sizes. If theirs isn't good I'll try Vermont.

Now I have a sample coming from global mamma. They have good prices and offer various sizes. If theirs isn't good I'll try Vermont.

I have heard good things about global mama, though I have not been in need of shea recently to try it myself.

I have heard good things about global mama, though I have not been in need of shea recently to try it myself.

I got the sample today. I'm not sure right away how I feel about it. It definitely isn't gritty but it is so creamy that it almost feels whipped already. My favorite texture is really firm and almost crumbly. I rarely to never get gritty b&b products when it is the firm kind. Guess I'll have to try it in products to see.

I've heard good things about them too, love to support businesses like these guys. I hope I end up liking it.

Thanks Moon for the straining tip.

Edited by Jeana