Newbie Question..possibly stupid

Try this math......

"Currently we carry over 700 wonderful fragances!" 700?????????????????????????

"Each and every scent goes through a rigorous testing process that can take any where from 2 to 4 months."

(& I hope I never pick on a website that belongs to someone here! lol)

Honestly, the spelling and lack of punctuation on these sites is amazing.....

PURFUME

possiable

seperate

back and fourth

"Many of the candles on the market today have a throw of 5 feet at the very best"

"We use 3 times the industry standard"

"Did you know that a candle has a memory?"

Is this normal? :

"shall not be responsible for any injuries, damages or losses of any kind due to your use of any product purchased at......"

"our maximum liability to you is the amount you paid for the product."

"Your purchase from ...... signifies your acceptance of the aforementioned information and policies."

"shall not be responsible for any injuries, damages or losses of any kind due to your use of any product purchased at......"

"Your purchase from ...... signifies your acceptance of the aforementioned information and policies."

If they get sued because of a fire or injury, that little disclaimer won't make sh*t to a tree in court. Hope they have product liability insurance... Nice try and it might fake out some people, but a lawyer would guffaw at that...

& the best for last"

"Elsewhere on our website, we talk about objects in your home that can be "hosts" for demons. Candles can also be a "host"."

"demons are attracted to the substance candles are made out of."

"Get rid of all your candles. You may just be getting rid of some of your problems. This also pertains to incense."

"After you get rid of the candles, command all the demons to leave you and your property"

"What if the lights go out, you say? Use a flashlight!"

"THE DEVIL HAS A CANDLE FOR EVERY NEED. HE MAKES IT LOOK GOOD AND SMELL GOOD JUST SO YOU CAN BRING HIS DEMONS INTO YOUR HOME"

Goodnight :)

& the best for last"

"Elsewhere on our website, we talk about objects in your home that can be "hosts" for demons. Candles can also be a "host"."

"Get rid of all your candles. You may just be getting rid of some of your problems. This also pertains to incense."

"After you get rid of the candles, command all the demons to leave you and your property"

"THE DEVIL HAS A CANDLE FOR EVERY NEED. HE MAKES IT LOOK GOOD AND SMELL GOOD JUST SO YOU CAN BRING HIS DEMONS INTO YOUR HOME"

Well this explain the pentagrams I've found on the floor and the blood oozing from the walls....

Selling all my candle stuff on Ebay tomorrow.......NOT

Try this math......

"Currently we carry over 700 wonderful fragances!" 700?????????????????????????

"Each and every scent goes through a rigorous testing process that can take any where from 2 to 4 months."

(& I hope I never pick on a website that belongs to someone here! lol)

Sooo, it took them 2,100 months or 175 years to test each and every scent using an average of 3 months to test each one. Good thing my coffee has not kicked in yet. I might have found myself wandering to find the site and tell them how wonderful it must be to have their candle business handed down from generation to generation to generation. Wonder if they would reply and if so what more crazy claims would come up.

Honestly, the spelling and lack of punctuation on these sites is amazing.....

PURFUME

possiable

seperate

back and fourth

"Many of the candles on the market today have a throw of 5 feet at the very best"

"We use 3 times the industry standard"

"Did you know that a candle has a memory?"

Is this normal? :

Scary disclosure....:shocked2:

OK, so I found another website that offers over a thousand scents to choose from..... is that for real? How many years would that take to test over 1,000 scents??? Or are they re-selling from multiple places?

Why are you assuming that they are testing one scent at a time? You can test as many candles for wick size at the same time as you have room for, as long as you are pretty organized. Also, once you are experienced in candlemaking and know your wax pretty well, it doesn't take three months to nail it. For an 8 ounce jelly jar, I can wick a new FO in a week even with somewhat limited burning time only after work. If the stars align properly and I'm only testing for wick size, I can do it in a long weekend.

Why are you assuming that they are testing one scent at a time? You can test as many candles for wick size at the same time as you have room for, as long as you are pretty organized. Also, once you are experienced in candlemaking and know your wax pretty well, it doesn't take three months to nail it. For an 8 ounce jelly jar, I can wick a new FO in a week even with somewhat limited burning time only after work. If the stars align properly and I'm only testing for wick size, I can do it in a long weekend.

I can only speak for myself here...but I was joking around.

I too test several at one time. In fact, I have a post up from Saturday where I was bored at the time because I was testing. I had multiple different scents going for wick/scent testing in different areas of the house. My post was that I got bored b/c I was testing, could not do much of anything else while the candles were doing their thing and decided to pour four jars of the same wax/scent with four different wicks to see which had a better throw. So, I would be the last to have it seriously cross my mind they were testing one scent at a time.

Since I got used to my rather new wax, I usually can get them done in a couple days too.

I just opened my own new can of worms...possibly. I may have found a wick (while I was bored on Saturday) that throws better than the one I was using. The thought of doing this all over again sure isn't one I thought I'd be doing. But if it is going to make a better candle, I'm going to have to. Ugh!

& the best for last"

Goodnight :)

This one nearly had me falling out of bed with laughter