New Cupcakes-- I have so much to learn ROFL NO LAUGHING!!!!

dcroome2005

I need blue and red cupcakes for a fundraiser for Relay for Life but right now I am just testing and playing .. I swear I am about to go find a cupcake mold and be done with it. I could never be a cake decorator. I just plain SUCK at icing anything. This is with my container wax. I think the metal tip that I used was way too small so it may it hard to work with and then it came out like ..... PLOOOOOOP. LOL

The red sprinkle one is still the real sprinkles .. I just wanted to prove to myself that I could not dump the entire container of sprinkles out on one cupcake like my previous ones did. HAHAHA I showed self control. The committee that I am working with want blue tops with white sprinkles which will show up better. The other two have some white dusting that came from AH/RE

002-3.jpg

005-1.jpg

Ideas? Suggestions? I will take all advice possible just DONT laugh! I still think they look much better than the ones I posted last week with the blue top .

the other thing I am worried about is shipping these to Florida. How the heck will they get there with container wax on top and not melting!!! I bought these really cute cupcake paper wrappers too but I will not use them. I could make up a warning to REMOVE PAPER wrapper before lighting but you know some idiot will not read and just light it. LOL

I don't know anything at all about wax cupcakes (except they usually make me hungry looking at them).

Container wax on top? The icing is container wax? Wouldn't that make it just melt all over the place when lit? Told ja I don't know anything about them :)

As far as looks go. Well yours are making me feel hungry!

I suppose I'd try and make the white icing top fit completely over the base. See how your base is exposed round the edges? Just a minor thing though.

I think you've done a pretty good job overall!

Tracy-- that is what I was thinking with container wax , that it would melt all over.. But I thought I would give it a try and see how they burn. Your right about making sure they touch the edges. This is a lot of work for someone who has tennis elbow on her left elbow and tingling throughout her whole hand LOL It's why I am thinking about going to a complete mold for this.. But I just love the look of " natural " vs mold.. hmmm

Thanks for your input :) Greatly appreciated

i know nothing about wax cupcakes also! BUT what about using a piping tip... Maybe a start tip. I know with soaps people use that for soap cupcakes and it is easier to pipe them out with the start tip and gives it more structure.

i would agree that you need wax that will not spill everywhere. Container would be too loose or runny when burned.

I need blue and red cupcakes for a fundraiser for Relay for Life but right now I am just testing and playing .. I swear I am about to go find a cupcake mold and be done with it. I could never be a cake decorator. I just plain SUCK at icing anything. This is with my container wax. I think the metal tip that I used was way too small so it may it hard to work with and then it came out like ..... PLOOOOOOP. LOL

The red sprinkle one is still the real sprinkles .. I just wanted to prove to myself that I could not dump the entire container of sprinkles out on one cupcake like my previous ones did. HAHAHA I showed self control. The committee that I am working with want blue tops with white sprinkles which will show up better. The other two have some white dusting that came from AH/RE

002-3.jpg

005-1.jpg

Ideas? Suggestions? I will take all advice possible just DONT laugh! I still think they look much better than the ones I posted last week with the blue top .

PM me...I have some info for you. :)

I used a tip but it was super small and of course- never making frosting myself ( always bought my sweets at the store), we didnt have a clue on how to do any of it. Hubby and I laughed the entire time. I have tested and the wick is perfect for the votive/pillar wax but yep, the container wax just started melting right off. The whole fun thing about this is I get to play around and test :) I usually hate testing like jars/votives because sometimes they can be a pain, but give me stuff that looks like real food and I will test all day :)

Christina