stupid mistake

jackie

There's never any harm in seeing what will happen... If they seem to stick, try cooling the candles in the refrigerator for a few hours, then try to demold, If they still seem stuck, while they are still cool, run hot water over the outside and then try demolding. If they are still stuck after all that, you know what to do... Good luck!

Thanks for the replies. I got lucky this time and they came out (they were star pillar molds). I'm keeping your ideas Stella for future reference--I know myself too well to think it won't ever happen again. Maybe I'll try going ahead and spraying after cleaning them up just in case. thanks again.

a ha ha ha @Stella! I agree with the "seasoned"!! I treat my moulds like I treat my wok ;)

I use Palm, or a Palm & Paraffin blend & I never spray mine either.

ONLY time I can say I have had trouble is with %100 Paraffin, but as mentioned above... they DO eventually come out & the fridge trick sure helps!

I remember reading someone's advice a while ago (sorry I can't remember who it was now...) & they said something like "Never be tempted to throw your mould on the floor to release the wax, it won't help & you'll dent your mould & wreck it..." (or words to that effect!) THAT little gem has saved me several temper tantrum disasters ;)

I wonder if throwing the damn thing through the window would be as bad?!