M&P Swirling Impared

rcrafty

• 2 weeks later...

That effect is achieved by pouring opaque base into a colored clear base. When I do mine that way I pour some clear base into my mold then pour my opaque base in a zig zag or figure 8 pattern (while spraying it with alcohol) to top off the mold. I try not to fiddle with it, but I may use a bamboo skewer to move some of the soap around for a better swirl.

I too am MP swirling impaired. I've tried the layering, I've tried the clear and opaque bases and I've even tried adding the color to the white base, then swirling before pouring it into the mold. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Very frustrating. What's really hard is trying to get the timing right and to swirl before the base gets the heavy skin on it and the color to not blend thoroughly with the soap. I think a thick color dye works better than a really liquidy one. I just got some dye from NG and it's not the greatest, the dye from Ponte Verda works better and gives a better color. IMO

post-6632-139458486202_thumb.jpg

post-6632-139458486215_thumb.jpg

These are a couple of my M&P swirls.... I picked up the technique by listening and watching the M&P swirls on YouTube... here's the link

If you google soap queen tv .. you'll find lots of soap videos and how to make great soap...

I've made the swirled soap in as many as 4 different colors... and I always use a white shea to make the colors pop.

The pic posted in the thumbnail, no clue how I did that, was the very first M & P I tried using the youtube method... I prefer all my soap colored, instead of having some clear so I've revamped my coloring techniques..

Hope this helps...

~S~

post-6632-139458486211_thumb.jpg

Edited by SherriLynn