Plumberry Spice from RE does it seem different???

islandgirl

I really hope they haven't "diluted" all of those wonderful KY oils. It's bad enough they jacked the price up a bit over what Vickey charged. The shipping fees are also higher than KYs.

Crossing my fingers it is just candle nose you have because I will be needing to order a few KY oils from them in the very near future but not if the oils have changed or have been reformulated in any way.

I'm hoping it's candle nose. I just poured this fo this morning in tarts but it's some I bought before she totally sold out to AH/RE. They (AH/RE) say all the fo's will be the original formulas KY carried...I sure hope that's the case!!

Never appreciated Vickey's prices and shipping costs until she sold the business. I have ordered the Toasted Marshmallow and some others from AH/RE recently and they seem to be the same as when I bought from Vickey.

For me...Kys shipping rates were cheaper than most. I guess it all depends on where you live but number2of7 you live closer to KY than I do...thats some insane shiiping fees

I really do hope that AH/RE keeps those oil formulations exactly as was....I love KY oils and I don't want them to change a bit

OK.. It's not my nose.. I had a friend stop over and bring her fresh,clean ready to smell nose!!

One room had RE Plumberry - A 16oz Candle

One room had Ky's Plumberry - A 8oz Candle

Both rooms are about the same size.

Tester said the room with the 16oz candle (RE's Oil) was a very light scent and piney...

Tester said the room with the 8oz candle (KY's) was a nice med scent and much stronger than the other room.

So even with a larger candle, RE's Plumberry has a lighter throw.

I don't know if the manufacturer reformulated the oil since RE took over..

But it does not seem to have the kick butt throw it used to. IMO. So sad......

I just received my first order from RE as I stated and there was a soy tealight included with plumberry spice, I lit it and put it in my smallest bathroom and cannot smell

it unless my nose is right over it. I think tealights should be much stronger. But the wicking seems too big. An hour into the first burn and the mp was half the t-light.

Ok.. I gave it to 2 others testers today.

One she said she LOVED it and it really carries throughout the house and is strong. Nice spice and berry scent.

The other one said "piney" but nice and med throw.

This is enough to drive anyone crazy..

I really hate candle nose and having to rely solely on other people. Because everyone always has different opinions.

My conclusion..

My nose is broke right now and I really have candle nose when it comes to this scent.

I personally do smell more Pine myself compared to the Berries. But that's ok.

Weather or not the oil has changed a bit, my testes seem to like it, so onward I go, and will bring it to my show!!

Edited by islandgirl

I have ordered KY parasoy votive wax and FO's twice from AH/RE since they purchased KY. I have had nothing but GREAT customer service, and all oils have thrown well that I have tested. The Zucchini Bread tealight that came with my first order fragranced my entry way & half bath downstairs, and went all the way to the upstairs hall. Vickey is heavily involved in RE right now, I don't think oil "recipes" have been changed. I have not, however purchased Plumberry Spice from RE yet, because I still have about 7 oz left over from KY. I did receive the Plumberry Spice tealight in my second order, but have not burned it yet. It did smell like Plumberry Spice to me!

I agree that RE's customer service is excellent since I have started ordering from them. Very nice and quick to ship.

The Zucc. bread is greatl. Got a few pounds from RE and no problems.

Many oil "Recipes" are changing with all suppliers, but you just don't know it.

Manufacturers ARE having to reformulate many oils due to all the shortages.

I noticed a difference in the Plumberry Spice when burning...and wanted to see what other chandlers opinions were on it who use this scent regualry . :)

Edited by islandgirl

Dagnabbit! I have ordered three times form them and never got a tea light. *pout* I ordered KY's creme brulee and orange chiffon cake from RE and they both seem exactly the same. I will say the shipping is killing me. A while back I got two 2oz bottles of oil (trying to find an oil replacement) and 25 clamshells...shipping was $15.27. Recently I ordered 5 lbs of creme brulee and one pound of an oil I was going to test, and shipping was $20.36. Ouch.

• 1 month later...

I had gotten Christmas Past last year before they closed down and it was weak, with very little throw. Since the switch, KYs seem to be good and strong like they were. I wish they were cheaper too. It is getting hard to make a good candle for a descent price. I am so glad they kept their line. I use a lot of them.