Bacon

ksranch

Yes, sorry, but my hubby wants me to make some Bacon candles that he can send to some 'guys' he knows for xmas. Anyway, I ordered NG's Bacon - and no matter what I do I can't get a decent HT. Does anyone actually use a Bacon FO that works well, or is it all just for funny anyway? He thinks I'm overthinking it because they probably won't burn it anyway, but I don't want to put out anything less quality wise regardless...

TIA

OOB BCN north almost made me gag. To me it smells like old grease or spoiled ham. I was hoping for a maple cured smell. Had my husband, sons and daughter in laws smell it and none of then guessed bacon all of them thought it stunk,lol. I'm still going to give it a try but plan on mixing it with pancake and maple syrup before I give up on it.

OOB BCN north almost made me gag. To me it smells like old grease or spoiled ham. I was hoping for a maple cured smell. Had my husband, sons and daughter in laws smell it and none of then guessed bacon all of them thought it stunk,lol. I'm still going to give it a try but plan on mixing it with pancake and maple syrup before I give up on it.

Let us know if you get a good mix - hubby really wants something, but I just can't do it 'as is' lol TY!

• 2 months later...
The natures garden one is awful and doesn't smell like bacon to me at all...smells like smoked dirty laundry. Anyone else make a more realistic some what pleasant bacon fo?

It smells like the fake imitation bacon in the jar. Strong scent throw but gross.. Blech!!

• 3 weeks later...

I use BCN's bacon, straight, and I've played around with :

Bacon and Vermont Maple Syrup = Maple Bacon

Bacon and Peppercorn =Peppered Bacon

Bacon , Mac Apple and Campfire smoke = Apple Smoked Bacon

I've not done the 2 one in wax yet, but the q tip test smells killer !

1 and 3 ? I love this stuff. I wish I made candles LOL I'd try to make a layed candle with the bacon and blueberry pancakes with maple syrup LOL

It's funny, I got to looking at all my FOs I have , and it hit me, I could make one HECK of a breakfast buffet with this stuff LOL