tony's

leenabug

I was told that if I wanted to test some really good oils, to try Tony's. But wow, I gotta commit to nearly $100 per fragrance because of buying in bulk......However, I am totally willing to do that if it means I would have a really good strong oil. For those of you that use his oils.........is it worth it?

Until now the best oils I have tested were from Bluegrass, with TN coming 2nd. ( I am only listing or considering those that I can still order from, so that doesnt include my experience with those gone out of business)

Below I compared the price of Pumpkin Spice...

Tony's= $18.50 lb (but I gotta buy 5 lbs)

Bluegrass= $18.00 for 1lb

TN= $17 for 1lb, if I order 5lbs= $15 lb

Any advice/suggestions on your experience? send message if you would rather........... BTW, I use GW464

Also, I have tested dozens of oils, now into my 4th yr, from lots of different suppliers on here. I have found some good ones at each place. However, I have never tested more than 10 from one place, so I am not sure if I am qualified to say who's I liked the best.....cause some suppliers have a huge list of scents...........and there is a freak chance I tested 5 "good-ish" ones from one place and 5 "bad-ish" ones from another place. Of course that would prejudice my opinion.....

He is a she, named Diana. Company is actually Southern Garden Scents. Um if you used my wax, I could help ya out. Go seek the samples. The oils are great in soap and a few work well in candles (I haven't tried that many to give you a list of all ... and I stopped looking at the site because I think most of what I have is being discontinued.)

Darn then its my wick testing. I either have flame throwers or perfect flames with little HT. I feel if 3 people can agree on the same thing its probably true. ( DB searchs) So my nose is the one thats broken! LOL Thanks for your input!

The only two scents I use from them is Dragons Blood and Rosemary Mint and quite honestly when I compared SGS DB to CS DB I thought the SGS was much better, but everyone has a different sniffer.

I order from SGS/Tony's and you don't have to buy in bulk. I buy FOs by the lb bottles from them and have used several. So far all have done well in M&P soap and candles; soy, paraffin, and palm.

Well that's a relief, because I can't do bulk on everything, but all I saw were bulk options at the time.

My bad. They have changed. You have to go to the east or west coast retailer to buy the smaller sizes. Eg. East Coast is Sassy Girls Scents http://sassygirlscents.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=16&zenid=tnmq6ilq40b06s5et273v1uee2 and the West Coast retailer is Pure Fragrance Oils http://purefragranceoils.com/

Apparently SGS now only does wholesale in bulk.

I've used a few of their oils - IMO most of the ones I have used are better suited for b&b as they just don't have a huge scent throw in parasoy.

Mata Hari

Black Vanilla

Frosted Pink Cupcake

Patchouli Musk - this one is strong in parasoy

Sandalwood Rose - theirs is the best IMO cuz it's not just straight sandalwood & rose...it has musky undertones that make me swoon!