CS Cinnamon Sticks - new formula affecting throw?

blt212

Well that's just great.....I placed an order yesterday for a few oils, wicks and tins and 1 of the oils ordered was Cinnamon Stick which I have always liked as is or as a mixer.

Should have my order tomorow...will let you know my opinion

Thanks I'll be curious to see what you think. In the meantime, I emailed CS to see if they have any thoughts....In the meantime I'm going to test Fillmore's Cinnamon Sticks since it's tested for use in C3 Soy and see if it's any better....I'd hate to think any other CS oils are changed because I use alot of them

Yea Brenda...same here..I use alot of CS oils and not too thrilled over the fact that some may be changing.

I use the Apple Jack and Peel from them every year around Christmas(big seller) and because of the clove shortage I'm hoping that doesn't change either. I can smell the clove in that one so I need to stock up soon on that I suppose....airhead me forgot to order it this past order lol

Please let me know what you think of Fillmores and I just remembered I have used AH/RE Cinnamon Styx and that's a nice fo with a great cinnamon spicy kick and decent throw.

Just wanted to provide an update on CS's response. They said the Cinnamon Sticks formula has not changed and the scent issue may be due to the variables in using soy wax. They noted I didn't purchase my wax from them...maybe thinking it was a compatibility issue. I explained I use C3 which they carry. So really didn't get anywhere there. I also asked why Cinnamon Sticks was one of the only fragrances I still receive in glass bottles. I was thinking possibly it was an older supply and might be weaker but they explained, they had problems packaging it in plastic so switched back to glass for that fragrance. In the meantime I'm waiting on my Fillmore order and will report results once I test....

Just got my order a little while ago. I don't really notice a difference in this one but I don't have an older version of it to compare it to. It smells good and spicy. Mine came in a plastic bottle also.

But the real test will be when I put it to wax which probably won't be for a few days.

I also got Cake and for some reason this one smells odd. Almost burnt, I can't really describe the smell but I'm not sure if I like this one or not and won't really know until I get it in wax.

I also love the Red Hot Cinnamon Candlebuddy. Makes a great smelling candle by itself and is a great mixer. I do have to cut back a little on it and have to wick up one size.

I ordered and used a bottle of the CS Cinnamon Stix last fall and Christmas. No problems with it. I don't think that they have reformulated since last year but I could be wrong. I am still using up what I have left from last year so I can't compare with a newer bottle until I do.

I did order a bottle of CS Red Hot Cinnamon a couple weeks ago and its just fine. Had to cut back to 5% on that.