Learning necklaces

Scented

• 2 weeks later...

At this point I would take anything lol! I am disappointed in this workbook type of thing I got. I thought it would be more specific about what crimps, clamps, eye pins etc. are used for. Lord I've bought enough hardware, but probably nothing that goes together. I am going to make my own beads. I just don't want to make stuff and suddenly have all these balls and nothing to do with them.

PM your address & I'll send. The mags describe quite a bit. I'm self-taught also so I devoured anything I could. Get your hands on a Silpada Book. (Sorry if anybody sells it) Once you've gotten the crimps & such down, you'll be able to look at the designs & incorporate the beads that you've bought to make your own.

At this point I would take anything lol! I am disappointed in this workbook type of thing I got. I thought it would be more specific about what crimps, clamps, eye pins etc. are used for. Lord I've bought enough hardware, but probably nothing that goes together. I am going to make my own beads. I just don't want to make stuff and suddenly have all these balls and nothing to do with them.

• 2 weeks later...

I will say that the one tool I bought and fell in love with was a pair of pliers that is half-round and helps shape the wire into a loop! I sucked at making a plain, basic loop before but now this pair of pliers actually does most of the hard work for me! :) I wish I could remember what the tool is called! I bought it at Pat Catan's for like $7 and it is worth it's weight in gold to me! I'd like to see a jewelry class too.

LOL! Well I'm going to make my own, but sad thing is I probably spent as much just to get materials lol.

Oh, yeah, jewelry-making is another one of those not-so-cheap hobbies! Even the stuff to make my little polyclay jewelry charms can run into some money!! It's crazy!

I have caught this bug also. I love the crystal ones. I am thinking of taking them to my neck craft show. I do candles and soaps.. but every table you look at anymore does candles. So.. was just thinking.. IDK! Lol

I went to a craft show and the girl at the table in front of me had a beautiful bracelet on - I asked her where she got it and she replied I made it and its one of a kind. I said ok thanks.. so I thought if she could make them.. why couldnt I? Lol.. I know .. I know.. so I bought a bunch of stuff. I made co workers a few and everyone loved them - a few people even bought more. SO I thought.. Id give it a try.

I am making for Christmas.. a mothers bracelet for each co worker. They have the kids birthstone crystal beads and then smaller beads. I got one from a different site and tried to copy it - and they turned out great - after a try or two. Id share a pic but Im not sure how lol.

Its kinda a trial and error type thing also - I tried to read the books and I was lost. So I thought I have all the tools.. not gonna waste them - so I just started messing. Each one is different and so far Ive got good reviews. So dont give up

I haven't had the time lately, but my last year of college I really got into making necklaces because it calmed me down. I haven't done it in a long time, last necklace I made was 2 for christmas (niece and grandmother) but haven't touched my stuff since then. I definitely couldn't teach but I learned basically trial and error and then I got some books at Hobby Lobby, oh and a lot of online tutorials --videos mostly!

I actually made a lot of my own pendants (resin pendants) which was pretty difficult but I liked it. I tried to make bangle bracelets from resin but I never got the method down good enough so I quit that.

Yes, ma'am. I'm not looking to make a typical type of bead. These will be scented products lol. I still have to learn how to put it altogether into something that is not labeled as beads there and rigamaroll there.

Edited by Scented

Trying to get around to making them lol! I will get 'er done. Need to sort through all that I bought and figure out if I have what I want type of thing. I don't know how creatively colored they will be. I've been trying to think of what I could do to make that happen. I'm not going to be working with clays, plastics or resins so this leaves a lot of studying on my part.

Edited by Scented

Shame you're not working with clays--you can make some awesome beads with polymer clay. Also, when I was taking my ceramics class there were a few ladies there who made beads out of porcelain clay. The porcelain is nice because it is really smooth and very white--so it shows the glazes very well. You just have to know someone with a kiln so you can fire the pieces. Details! LOL