Peak's wax

Does anyone know why Peak's does not have their own blends of waxes listed on their site (wasn't it called Peak Performance Blend or something like that, and their 50/50 blend?). I saw before Christmas they were out of stock but now I do not see them listed anywhere.

Laura

Turns out they sucked.

There was another thread here where we learned they discontinued it, but that was their MP140. I never heard any problem about their MP145 (pillar blend) or their performance container blend. I use these last 2 and liked them, so this is disappointing news. And yes, like PrairieAnnie, I am also having to switch again, sigh. Their only available container blend now is the 4630, sigh.

I would have no problem going back to J223, or J50, but Peaks was the best way for me to save on shipping...I called and talked to Peaks today, and they suggested using the IGI container wax they do still carry, saying that it's got all of the qualities I wanted in my wax, BUT>... that's what they said about the Peak's Performance too...very frustrating. If I go back to what I've already tested, I'm looking at a significant increase in cost because of shipping, but if I don't, I'll be REtesting everything again, and that's not cheap either. Ackkkkk What a bummer!

PrairieAnnie - when you talked to them, did they mention they'd bring back J223? With 4630 as the only container blend, that's pretty slim pickings. Also did they mention what was wrong with their performance container blend and their pillar blend? I know they had said the MP140 was pulled due to manufacturing inconsistencies but didn't know if these other 2 waxes are the same problem or is there a different issue with them. I have about 20 lbs of each of these 2 waxes and now I'm a bit worried they're not going to work right.

Actually, I'd like to chime in here to shed some light. There were never any reports of inconsistency problems with any of the waxes except the MP140. And when we discovered inconsitencies with the MP140, we pulled it from our offrings (we still have a good inventory of it on hand, and people are still specifically requesting it). The other waxes were what they were, and fit the descriptions we provided. There were never any claims that any of the waxes were identical to any other waxes already on the market from either Astorlite or IGI. There were plenty of people who expressed dissapointment in seeing our Performance Blend and our Parasoy Blend being discountinued. There was never a consistency issue with either of those. But what really happened is that our contract manufacturer was failing miserably at meeting deadlines, leaving us in a situation where we were running out of inventory at a critical time in the season. If a contract manufacturer misses promised dates by several weeks, you're forced to explore your options. And that is exactly what we had to do in this situation.

Cheers,

Alan :smiley2:

Actually, I'd like to chime in here to shed some light. There were never any reports of inconsistency problems with any of the waxes except the MP140. And when we discovered inconsitencies with the MP140, we pulled it from our offrings (we still have a good inventory of it on hand, and people are still specifically requesting it). The other waxes were what they were, and fit the descriptions we provided. There were never any claims that any of the waxes were identical to any other waxes already on the market from either Astorlite or IGI. There were plenty of people who expressed dissapointment in seeing our Performance Blend and our Parasoy Blend being discountinued. There was never a consistency issue with either of those. But what really happened is that our contract manufacturer was failing miserably at meeting deadlines, leaving us in a situation where we were running out of inventory at a critical time in the season. If a contract manufacturer misses promised dates by several weeks, you're forced to explore your options. And that is exactly what we had to do in this situation.

Cheers,

Well then Alan, perhaps you should inform Miss Bridget of these things. She is the one who told me that the wax was inconsistent, and that folks were complaining about the scent throw from batch to batch. Apparently I am not the only person who got this information. Are we to now believe that the only inconsistency reports are coming directly from Peaks? Oh, and the one thing Bridget didn't mention at ALL was that you were having trouble with your manufacturer meeting your deadlines, etc. etc..those things would have been much easier to understand when you hear of folks being told that you wont' take the wax back without them paying shipping or restocking fees. Might wanna take a look at the information coming from inside your own company...cause some of us were getting a whole different light shed on the situation!

There was another thread here where we learned they discontinued it, but that was their MP140. I never heard any problem about their MP145 (pillar blend) or their performance container blend. I use these last 2 and liked them, so this is disappointing news. And yes, like PrairieAnnie, I am also having to switch again, sigh. Their only available container blend now is the 4630, sigh.

Their Pillar blend mp 145 was excellent for pillars but I see they do not have it now but have the 4625 in again,,,Oh decisions decisions,,,:P