How many Fall Scents?

samandkennasmom

Too many! I have 14 for fall and 9 for Christmas.

That's because the way I display my candles those are the numbers I need to fill the spaces. Its been working for me. I used to do only 12-14 scents but it keeps creeping up again! LOL

I have a few more for soap but I try to match up some scents for those who like soap and candles in the same scent.

Skimpy Budget helps narrow it down. My old business I never had more than 20 regular scents and had usually 6 fall/holiday scents. Every January I looked at what sold and deleted slow sellers so I could add more in. Current business...40 scents total and about 15 testers waiting to burn...oh yeah...the 12 I just ordered from Fillmore. In January I will do the cutting scents that sell slow. Unless my business really grows I don't like having a whole lot of scents to have to keep in stock...because I can't afford to have $ sitting there. :shocked2:

Edited by NaturallyTru

Actually there is a thing as too many. You see it in the customers faces. Too many scents confuse customers and some just turn away or lose their sense of smell after a while. You see it in your pocketbook. Keeping too many scents in stock puts a huge dent in your finances.

I do what NaturallyTru does-- cut out the slow mover and non sellers to keep my scent offerings down to what sells and save money. Introduce a few scents each year to market test them and see if you have any new top sellers. This keeps your line fresh and new while keeping tried and true scents for those customers that like to repurchase favorites again.

My fall & Christmas scent list is longer this year but most of them are tried and true sellers I have been using either all year or last fall that sell well. I actually have only one new FO in my line, the rest are year round sellers or new combos of proven sellers.

Edited by Candybee