clear mold

Take a look at letsmakecandles.com too. You're looking for polycarbonate molds, but I will tell you that years ago, fragrances ate those type of molds, making them harder to get the candle to release. Candles and supplies used to carry them too. I don't know if they still do, but you can look.

I have old walnut creek polycarbonate molds that I use to abuse with FO's and they handled it fine. Unfortunately they are no longer in business and the ones sold today are not the same quality. But I never had a problem releasing from my molds regardless of what I used.

I used Walnut Hill and mine did. Every single one of them (when the candle was saturated with the right amount of FO) did. Now I really didn't have problems with C&S until I could not stop the leaking from the wick so I gave up on the mold. I do have some polycarbs from a European company that I am dying to use. I plan to do so w/o the fragrance as I don't think I can ever those molds again.

Could just be that I abused them too much lol. It's highly likely. I loved being able to see what I was doing. Could also be that those were some of the first molds I started with and maybe Hobby Lobby got the bad ones. Hard to say. I just never got more than 4 uses out of whatever I got. At that time I figured four uses for a mold was a good thing. What did I know, I was starting out and spending my husband's money at the time replenishing them. It wasn't till years later that it dawned on me that the FO was eating them.

I'm not against polycarb molds. If every mold could be a poly and take the abuse I give my regular 3x3 molds, I'd be stocked to the gills in polys. But that isn't the case for me. I use a lot of utensils to manipulate my wax. It would be nice to see what I'm getting at the time I'm doing it, but I'm willing to sacrifice one for the other.

Edited by Scented