Anyone use Eco wicks in 6006?

Not much info in what info is still avaialable in search,but I saw almost no reference to anyone using eco wicks.

When I was testing the now discontinued IGI 6036 (50/50) I tried them and got some awesome throwing testers so just for kicks I'm going to pull them out again and try them in 6006. I see on the Candlescience site they still recommend them as the best wick for 6006 which surprises me since no one seems to use them.

I've been testing this wax for a couple of weeks and am pretty happy with zincs in it, but it's always fun to play. Gonna pour some up today in small tumblers with CD's and Eco's. Anyway, was just wondering if anyone else uses them in 6006 or other parasoys and what you think?

ah-soy,

I don't use 6006 but I do use Eco wicks in most of my candles, 1274 paraffin pillars and 4630 container wax. In a 6oz oval hex jar, I get a perfect burn using Eco 6 - my wax having a mp of 125*. With 6006 having a mp of 133*, you could probably start with a Eco 8 in a 3" container and go from there. Not having used 6006, I'm just guessing of course, but I did use the Eco wicks exclusively in the old GL 70/30..HTH with a starting point.

Edited by Pam W

Thank you Pam, it certainly does. I'm going to try the 8 in my 3" jar and see what happens. Hey, I'm in Phoenix too...well Glendale actually:)

Glendale - Phx ------ all the same, huh? With the heat we are having, I'm doing only wickless right now - expecting this month's APS bill to be close to $300 and any open flame just adds to the pain........kwim?

What really sucks is that I've got only about 1/4 slab of container wax left and it's just too damn hot to have any shipped in right now......I didn't plan far enough ahead.

I haven't used 6006 in a while, but I do pretty much stick to ECO and HTP for almost everything. I use a cotton core for my pillars and P wicks for the tapers, and TL's for the votives. Those are the exceptions. All the containers get HTP or ECO.

Pam, my 6006 arrived in fine shape. It was well wrapped though.

Puter, how did the htp and eco's do in the 6006? Did you like them?

ECO8 works well with 2 of the FOs I used, the htp83 were overwicked for those 2 FOs. I have 6 more out for testing so far, trying to come up with 12..Thinking of mixing my own 50/50 since a new place opened up close by though.

Thanks IwantItgreen. I poured 3 small tumblers (2.5" diam) in 6006. One with an LX 14, one with a CD 8 and one with an Eco 2. I got nice pools from all, but the CD and Eco's definately threw the best. I have several more burns till the bottom of the jar so we shall see what happens as they burn down. I like the Eco's a bit better because they don't curl as much at the tip, but as said, remains to be seen what happens at the end.

You said you use a 6006 blend. Did you mean 6006 on it's own, or do you blend in some extra soy?

Edited by ah-soy

• 1 month later...

Does your replacement wax have to be a parasoy, would a straight paraffin like 4627 or 4630 do? Or mix these to make your own blend. I have tried 6006 and it was not to my liking burn or visually. I did add in 15% 464 to it and the result was huge beneath the surface holes (shrinkage). Every candle failed within the first 30 minutes of a burn, I could fixed this with a double pour like a pillar but why bother, the wax was not that great to begin with.

Edited by rjdaines

I also think the problem is that we have relocated to FL and the central air and ceiling fans are still on. I can hardly smell anything, in our open floor plan, until I put the candles in bathrooms and bedrooms with the doors closed. I don't have candle nose. I do out, sniff coffee grounds, ect and I'm still having issues. I might as well be fighting with 100% soy. Maybe I will switch to all paraffin again.

In the Colonial home we had I could detect a candle from another story and I'm talking a votive. I'm super frustrated. I don't know if the wax su*ks, or the fo's both? The wax is from CS and so are most of the fo's. Still in all, even with the air flow, I SHOULD be able to smell these candles!

Sharon...I used Perfect Blend..it was a slab container wax. I will call them and see if they have it. Thanks everyone. :)

Buy a good quality candle and burn it in the house, this will let you know what the dilution factor is but a closed bathroom should tell you if the candle is working. I have the same problem here in AZ, ceiling fans, AC, 12 foot ceilings and an open plan. But it I do smell one of my candles, I know it's a darn good one.

Buy a good quality candle and burn it in the house, this will let you know what the dilution factor is but a closed bathroom should tell you if the candle is working. I have the same problem here in AZ, ceiling fans, AC, 12 foot ceilings and an open plan. But it I do smell one of my candles, I know it's a darn good one.

Thank you! LOL sounds like we own the Same house. :))

I also think the problem is that we have relocated to FL and the central air and ceiling fans are still on. I can hardly smell anything, in our open floor plan, until I put the candles in bathrooms and bedrooms with the doors closed. I don't have candle nose. I do out, sniff coffee grounds, ect and I'm still having issues. I might as well be fighting with 100% soy. Maybe I will switch to all paraffin again.

In the Colonial home we had I could detect a candle from another story and I'm talking a votive. I'm super frustrated. I don't know if the wax su*ks, or the fo's both? The wax is from CS and so are most of the fo's. Still in all, even with the air flow, I SHOULD be able to smell these candles!

Sharon...I used Perfect Blend..it was a slab container wax. I will call them and see if they have it. Thanks everyone. :)

I wasn't satisfied with the HT of 6006 either, unless I burned a 20 oz double-wicked tureen with 12% FO load. lol I mean, I got a really good HT with my 8 oz tureens and 62 zinc wick, but I like SUPER STRONG scented candles, and I just don't get that excited unless they blow the doors off. That's why I switched to 4627 IGI Comfort blend.