Online Parties?

SuzyK

Does anyone do online parties?

I have a couple of people interested in hosting one. I have the hostess awards figured out but I'm not sure how the invitations work. Do I make up the wording and then have the host email the invitees?

Not online but book & house parties. I used "Print Shop" & made a standard invite & changed all the info for each hostess. Then emailed to her to email or snailmail. Remember to remind her to remind her guests a day or 2 before, because they can forget about the party. Alot! Tracey

A suggestion on parties if on line or in home. Get the guests phone numbers and call them yourself and remind them of the party. This way you know the reminder calls have been done, you have made a personal contact with the guests which creates repoir and you can answer questions. I used to do lots of parties before I started my own business. Making my own reminder calls increased my business by as much as 40% and allowed me to book more parties.

It's like having a party at home but they shop online instead. you give them a special code to shop with so you know they are shopping for that hostess.

The only thing I'm unsure of is how to do the invitations. I know how to do them for a home party but unsure for an online party.

Be sure and make up an "invitation sheet" for your hostess to fill out. It should have a column for guests name, address, phone number and email address. Now you will have all the information that you need to contact your guests for the party. You can also use this for a future contact list that will build your customer base.

• 3 months later...

I know this is a fairly old post but I'm thinking of starting online parties my sister wants to do one for me. I'm looking at the evite website. Would I just create the invitation & send it to her to send to her friends? I am totally clueless on this. Also, are the items mailed to each individual or to the hostess & she delivers them. I suppose it could be done either way correct to save on shipping?

Edited by ladysj

I think you can do the evite either way. If they don't know you, they may assume it's spam.

For delivery, I'd send it all to the "hostess". They can charge a certain amount to each order for shipping. I have a friend that is going to do that and she'll just add $2 to each order. That way shipping is still paid but cheaper for the individual.