Bubbles in melts/tarts

Jaime811

Hello!

I've been reading this board for weeks, getting amazing tips and answers, but finally decided to join and ask a question. I can't seem to use the "search" function to find an answer, but it does tend to take me a while to work these things out lol.

In a few of my tarts I have managed to get dozens of tiny air bubbles. Ultimately it doesn't bother me as I only make them for myself, friends and family, but I am curious as to why this is. Actually if wax dried clear it would probably be quite pretty....

It seems to have happened to ones I have used "thick" FO's on (Caramelised Pralines and Hazelnut Cappuccino) so I am not sure if it has something to do with that, or if I'm possibly daydreaming when making them and stirring the FO in too vigorously?

I'm (I think) ruling out the wax it's self and temps, as 98% have been perfect, but it's just got me curious.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks marcuset!

Addiction is quite right. I got into making my own melts to save money. I use them a LOT, and postage was making them quite expensive.

Although I have discovered it is much cheaper to make my own in theory, my new addiction for trying different scents and colours is costing me a small fortune. And this site doesn't help with all the other candle AND B&B ideas I want to try now! lol

I will make sure from now on that I don't zone out watching TV as I stir...and of course I've now had to order more wax so I can try my bubbled scents again....

Thanks for your welcome and reply :)

Well, not to throw you off, but it could be that you are pouring too cool.

I highly recommend that you buy a lot more wax and FO's and try out all the variables. :wink2:

Oh, as for the search - it isn't you. It's been broken since we got this new forum in May. You get very old posts or very new posts; nothing in the middle.