Need Lip Balm Recipe Help

SweetPatoot

I want to try and mimic some lip balm I bought, but I need to know percentages of ingredients...

here's the ingredients:

Olive Oil

Beeswax

Vitamin E Oil

Flavoring

I'm new to mixing my own lip balms and just need to know approx what amounts to add to make a firm lip balm. I'm going to be packaging in tins.

thanks so much!!

Rebecca

• 3 years later...

I learnt on a very simple recipe of:

5g cocoa butter

5g beeswax

18g oil (any vegetable kind)

Makes about 4x10g pots.

It's a nice recipe, but may not work with all flavourings. I usually add mica powders for a bit of shimmer & colour, a flavour of some kind and liquid stevia for sweetness.

For your recipe, I would use mostly olive oil and not much vitamin E - that's usually added in small quantities (5-10%) as an antioxidant.

You will probably need 20% wax to make this firm enough, since you are not using a hard butter - why not experiment with these quantities and see how it goes?

Well you could try something like:

75% beeswax

24% olive oil

1 % Vit E

Flavor ... hard to make a certain % for that since they vary so much in strength.

Make a small batch and vary your beeswax and OO amounts. To give it enough strength to hold up in tubes (guessing that's what you're planning to use), you'll need more beeswax than the oils.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe 1/2 bees wax and 1/2 OO. Depending on how much your making use part of a vit e capsule. And flavoring will depend on what it is. Some places make sweeten flavor for lip balms or just a drop of EO mint might do. Sounds simple and nice. Maybe start with 1 oz each see how it feels and up either as needed.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ox_B_love

you could also use the recipe of beeswax, coconut oil, vitamin e, and flavor. I use this recipe it works great. you go about 50/50 with the coconut oil and beeswax. The coconut oil adds the gloss in the lipbalm . Also along with flavor oil, Its said to use 1tsp per every 8oz of mixture. vitamin e is optional but if you use it i dont think its much you add, i didnt use it and my lip balm turned out great. I came across anouther recipe and i havent used it but it sounds right. Its .3 oz of lanolin , .4oz of shea butter, and .4oz of beeswax. hope any of this helps